Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can a Waaagh! Ghazghkull take a Ork Horde Detachment, or a standard Combined Forces Detachment? Or are you stuck using the Great Waaagh! Detachment found in the supplement?

The only requirements I see for the Horde Detachment is all units must have the Ork Faction (or no Faction), and last time I checked Ghazghkull was an Ork....

·
Registered
773 Posts
I don't have the book myself, but most of the other Supplements have a bit saying if they can or cant ally with the base codex or how they treat allies (aka count as Orks for the allies matrix).
I'm sure someone has the book can probably dig out the phases.

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
I'd say they can use Ork Horde - your reasoning is correct, with the restriction on Ork Horde being everything has to be from the Ork Faction. The Ghazghkull supplement isn't a seperate faction, it's a sub-division of an existing faction.

EDIT: @Da Joka I just noticed that the Ghazghkull supplement requires you to bring the Great Waaagh! Detachment or one of the formations to use the Orkimedes' Relics list, so there is a slight restriction (the really annoying one is that you can't ally in a Mega Force Field).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts