Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Elo Heresy peeps, long time since I posted a pic of anything painted but I went off painting for ages and work is soooo busy and speaking of which, it was the simple horrendous mistyping of the county I live, Berkshire, at work that left me staring at 'Borthborkk' (tired, punching the keyboard, not sure how that came out!). After giggling at how stupid it was my first thought was of how it would be a good last name for an Ork and sketched a quick concept of an Ork with a huge axe and a gun for a hand called Nug Borthborkk. I then thought "Sod it, i'll build a small Ork army"...but which Orks did I want to do? I've always liked the idea of Boarboyz but they were long gone from the Codex but that got me thinking about strapping guns to Boars and making plasticard injectors of Frenzon to stick in them, like the old days and making 'Counts As' Bikers...but those concepts will come to these pages in time...(I do mean time; i'm slow as hell when it comes to painting and get bored and stop pursuing ideas easily!) before that, I reasoned the only army that would be doing something like this would be the Snakebites, and I really warmed to the idea of raggedy, almost primitive space Orks, just like good old Gorkamorka!
After telling Critta from these forums about this he gave me 8 x Boarboyz to convert as explained so I hit up Bits n Kits for some Bike guns (thanks again dude!) I then went on an eBay spree and got a Savage Orc Champion to be my Weirdboy leading the force, 9 x Old Snakebite Nobs, who are unfortunately smaller than normal Boyz these days so I decided to field them as Kommandos and give them a couple of Burnaz (cut down!) and the spears from the Boarboyz to make them look like jungle tribesman, plus a Nob with an old Dreadnought claw to lead them, a Grot mob and 30 Fantasy Orcs to splice with old Ork frames my mate gave me plus a little help from Bits and Kits and eBay with sluggas!
After much waffling, I present my first Boy! Lemme know what you think peeps and I will try to do more soon!

·