Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I'm with you on that one Varakir, I am still playing with the idea of possibly taking off the air intakes and shaping them to the fold of the wing, but I'm not sure if that will fly or not in my mind. I'm up for suggestions if anyone comes up with a plan in that regard. I still want to try to cut down the size of the hurricane bolter sponsons and see if I rig up something to tuck them closer to the body thus freeing up the air intakes and keeping the profile streamlined in proportion to the rest of the model.

· Registered
1,023 Posts
I just worry how the pilot can see over the assault cannons, perhaps he should make a dangerous terrain test every time he moves to compensate? :p

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Cut down the hurricane bolter sponsons, assault cannon, and multi-melta to make it a bit more streamlined. Pictures up in a few days. Still finishing up the sponsons but the size is very much more appealing and makes it look unique to the stormraven, instead of just thinking that it was taken off of a Crusader and slapped on a stormraven

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 · (Edited)
Okay here are the pics with the new cut down and much more streamlined hurricane bolter sponsons. I also changed the twin-linked multi-melta to be be side by side as to cut down on its profile. I also cut more off of the twin-linked assault cannon to make it appear smaller and more fitting given the pilot would now be able to see more clearly. Beyond that still haven't primed the new parts but that will be getting done tomorrow as well priming the last Assault Squad, its accompanying Rhino, and last but not least the Sanguinary Guard. I changed my list again after having another game where the Death Company again did not perform up to par and has been done away with. Yet the Stormraven did surprisingly well and lasted the entire game. Granted my opponent's army was Grey Knights with only a Land Raider Crusader and two plasma cannons that could hurt my armor and yet I managed to destroy all three of those threats and yet then my dice once again failed me and I got by with a draw. Still more work to do, started another project as I feel as I am getting a bit bored with the same thing over and over and have decided to commit to another project so as to be able to switch from one to the other to keep myself fresh. Anyways, here are the pictures for your pleasure :)

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
sorry for the lack of updates... First layer and wash has been painted on the 30 assault marines. If it all works out I should have pics up by the weekend of the first and second highlight. If all goes according to plan...

41 - 50 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.