Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi There, I am New to the forums have seen some of the custom work on here and liked what i saw. This inspired me to do some custom work of my own. I recently got my hands on an old Armorcast Phantom Titan and although this is a some what awesome model in its self I felt it lacked the newer feel to the Eldar race. So in this thought i decided to modify the Phantom bringing it into line with the looks of the FW Revenant so far i have been re sculpting the torso, abdomen, head and wings. Here are the pictures so far using the original titan legs in some pictures

original titan

new chest plating front brought into line with the new style Eldar Armour

Hope you like the work so far

Andy

i have since re modeled the off center items

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah my skills usually stop at doing little things never taken on something so big
Just not sure where to mount the Prism cannon and the missile launcher. do i keep them on the wing or do i mold them in under the jet intakes

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Abdomen and groin area updated with conduits or pipes or just wraith bone inserts not sure if i should detail the parts yet
(front)

(Rear)

Groin attached to original legs with vectored jets to allow for the superior agility of the Eldar titans
(Front)

(Rear)

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wings have been Glued into place so that i can position them properly

They are set slightly further forward than on the original model and further out on the shoulders. I am going to build up around the sides of them to make mounts for them so i can remove them for storage/transport

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
also i have come to a stand still on ideas for how to mount the wing weapons i have some components from an old fire prism that i am wanting to use for the prism cannon on the titan. I was originally going to try and mount it to the the shoulder but the jet intake seems to have got in the way of the positioning. Anyone have any funky ideas?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well i have had a ridiculously productive 4 hours on the titan with the upper`s and lower`s of both legs made and ready for detailing along with a mold of a large scenery base. I have also fashioned some knee armour from revenant shoulder armour

first off some head pics

left side detail

right side detail
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

now for the leg

upper right. very basic but detail needs to added still

upper right

more upper right lol

upper right and left in place on the groin

with the legs i am going to try and model them similar to the scout titan so they look more maneuverable these need to be cleaned out to allow me to make the ball joints

some large pics of the titan parts all in situe to get an idea of the look also there is a revenant titans leg next to it to get an idea of scale

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Upper legs have been cleaned up and have had a pivot point cut into them so that i can try and make similar wheel mounts for the knee pivot

I have also done some work on the lower legs raising the knee joint about an inch to replace the area lost from grinding off the original knee

here is the look of the leg before it was extended that little bit it looks OK just it needs a tiny bit more length

leg parts in place just making sure they match up properly

lower legs dry and cleaned up a little to allow for aligning the knee joint

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Thanks for the rep m8

Yeah I am trying to make this fully pose able by up scaling all the revenant parts relevant. That’s the reason behind the new abdomen section and the fact I have cast up and chopped up 4 old style phantom legs just so I have the right components. So far I have very basic hinge/knee joints I am currently just trying to match up the style of the upper and lower leg to fit them both then I will detail them and the legs.

I have also started work on the foot ball joint and the foot bridge going to try to also have these like up scaled Revenant feet or as close as I can get them maybe calls for a few more jets lol.

The only part I am not sure about on design is how to mount the wing weapons, whether to keep them as part of the wing or make them more a predator style shoulder weapon the arms are going to be at more of an angle similar to the Revenants arms too.

1 - 20 of 200 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.