Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, considering doing a project log for my guard as they are going to be a fairly piecemeal army to put together, but for now I think I can simply show off my latest two week project!

I put together this vulture as the close air support against green tide orks, and to act as a mobile fire platform. My army is going to be fairly dynamic unless I field the whole lot, but I'm thinking I'd like to deploy typically as a gunline guard with vehicles in fire support roles, and transports empty. The lack of aggressive manoeuvre from the chimeras is intended to direct enemy fire away, with their anti tank firepower focused on my battle tanks and fast attack. To give me the flexibility and manoeuvrability that the infantry and 'dug in' tank support lacks, I've got a squadron of valkyrie transports and this vulture.

So, the theme of my army is 'tribal evolution' and so I have combined some african themes with some islander/maori themes and made the majority of my forces dark skinned. The 'evolution' is that I want this to be a highly technology focussed force, and so the inclusion of lots of vehicles and flyers.
More on the army itself if I get round to doing a project log, but here are some pictures of the gunship at this stage (tabletop ready)

Comments, queries and constructive criticism always welcome, and encouraged.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
well looks like an intresting style, but could do with better pics, as the detail isnt too clear.
And if you can help it, try and not use a web cam for taking pics on minis, as they lose too much detail

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Fynn, I'll bear that in mind. Perhaps I'll save the money on forgeworld and buy a camera next time...

I'm living as the photographically crippled now, so until I can afford a camera, or fly back to my parent's place to borrow theirs, I'm afraid a webcam is all I've got.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
see if you can borrow a camera from a friend, or even get them to take pics, or if all else fails a half desent camera phone. untill then see what software came with the webcam, and see what options it gives for taking still pics, and u[date the software for the cam if needed.
but apart from that, from what i can see the pattern looks great on the gunship

1 - 5 of 5 Posts