Dreadnought with heavy-flamer, drop-pod
= 150
= 150
= 150
Total = 450

Troops:
Tactical squad with 5 additional marines, melta-gun, missile launcher, powerfist, combi-flamer, Drop-pod
= 245
Tactical squad with 5 additional marines, melta-gun, missile launcher, powerfist, Drop-pod
= 235
Tactical squad with 5 additional marines, melta-gun, missile launcher, melta-bombs, rhino
= 240
Tactical squad with Razorback with las-cannon and twin-linked plasma-gun
Tactical squad with Razorback with las-cannon and twin-linked plasma-gun
Total = 1050

Fast Attack:
2 Land speeders with multi-melta and heavy-flamers
= 140
= 140
= 140
Total = 420

Heavy Support:
Vindicator with dozer blade
= 120
Vindicator with dozer blade
= 120
Total = 240

im trying to expand from my 2000pt army. How does this look?
Vulkan goes with the combi-flamer tact pod. inquisitor hides with a vindi to make use of the mystics.

comments much apprieciated
Durian

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
looks pretty decent, though i would keep MM on the Dreads for more tank hunting power.

good hunting.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I think this list would do better then a full drop army against full reserves but still struggles.
It is entirely possible that one or both of your vindis is out of range of their inevitable refused flank reserve roll in. If the get the right units and put enough light anti tank out there (they get their rifleman or hydras) they can neutralize the speeders relatively easily.

I can see it doing fairly well as long as you are able to place a large amount of the objective sin the backfield where your opponent will have to drive from the board edge too.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks
@ Malaclypse the dreads have underslung heavy flamers they still have multimeltas.

the idea with the dreads is if they do the full reserves ill deploy so i get granted the better firing spots possibly in cover
otherwise ill drop them to take out there anti-tank. speeders are deadly in a couple of ways, they hav drawn fire to destroying 4 land raiders in a game to killing 40+ ork boyz in a game if used well and take every bit of cover you can they can be a lot more suvivable than most people think.

is there anything that i should/could change, i have never used an inquisitor b4 but the board wide psychic hood and mystic powers was very cool.

thanks for the replies keep em coming!
Durian

·
Registered
465 Posts
Looks like a great list. I love the land speeders :) They are a lot harder to kill then people think thats for sure!

For your 3rd tactical squad you either didnt list all the equipment or have the wrong price.

I understand the missile launchers but I would really only take one since you will be drop podding in you will be right in there face and having a twin linked multi-melta that is next to them i find is way more useful then the missile launcher. It gives you the option to combat squad and shoot with the multi-melta the next turn (depending on the mission and situation)

It would be nice for your inquisitor squad to have two meltas or two plasma to make use of the 2 fire points on the rhino and make the squad a threat outside of the hood. It could be very possible your opponent doesnt have any deepstrikers and not psychic powers so it be an expensive unit having only one melta gun if that were the case. Also I think you are required to give the Lord a weapon even if its a 1 point weapon.

I look forward to hearing how the list does. Cheers!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts