MM + HF

land speeder
MM + HF

assault squad x8
thunder hammer
flamer
drop pod

thats 1999

i know it's assault based and static as hell. plus there isn't any heavy support.

vulcan goes with the assault squad. the termis are deep striking in and waiting to assault or walking. 10 strong is pretty hard to kill so people will be afraid. 10 master crafted thunder hammers and 2+ armor 3++ invuls? awesome. walking is eh, but it's great for helping kill objective holders at the enemies home plate when they deep strike and they are pretty good for area denial. scouts sit at home objective or just out of the way and shoot hoping to kill anything.

i would drop the sternguard, the dread, and a tac squad first turn. popping some stuff so vulcan and the assault squad can come in and hurt something, not right away, i know. the sternguard drop in, combat squad and melta a big MC or transport and the flamers hit foot sloggers or the transported guys. i figure i can open a landraider with 5 twin linked meltas and flame the contents stacking a lot of wounds with 5 twin linked flamers or something.

and the ven dread with extra armor is super sturdy, i've had them live through so much and earn their points back many times over. it can come in and pop something or help flame something else.

the speeders can deep strike in or be deployed regularly.

what do you guys think, i know there's better but how much fun would you have with this? i have tons of fun.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Look at putting Vulcan with the sternguard. That gets him on the board and helps prevent the sternguard if they get assaulted. Then when your assault squad shows up he can detach the sternguard and attach to the assault squad if need be. The only other thing I can see would be a lib to go with the stern and gate around

·
Registered
670 Posts
You've got the right amount of pods which is good but consider that assault squad won't be assaulting anything when they deep strike in and will stand there; bad times. Also those multi meltas won't be firing either because the drop pod has counted as moving. Rest is ok, I guess.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im sure 10 terminators with storm shields can soak up the fire and walk it off with minimal losses. if they can't no one can.

and i know the tac wont be able to fire the MM when they come in, they combat squad and the melta goes one way the MM the other. the MM is for scaring tanks a bit and holding objectives. i kinda wanted to have all the tac squads with a flamer and a melta, one of the two a combi weapon, the multi melta and the melta go one way the flamer the other so i can pop a transport and twin linked flamer the inside and unload the bolters into the fray. same as with the sterngaurd.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Not assault terminators a assault squad in a drop pod. Read near the bottom ;) Did you forget what you put in your own list? :p

You don't have mobility for objectives with drop pods and in combat squads you don't have the staying power either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts