Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, quick question about the rules for hatred. The BRB says models with hatred "re-rolls all failed To Hit rolls during the first round of each close combat".
So does that mean if I charge my CSM bikes with VotLW against a squad of Flesh Tearer termies and reroll misses in that phase, then my bikes locked in combat are charged by some Assault marines in my opponent's turn. For the attacks I split to the termies I obviously wouldn't get rerolls, but for the attacks I can land on the assault marines, do I get to reroll misses again? Is that counted as another combat or an additional unit into the same combat?
Or can I only do it in between consolidation moves?
I'm not sure how I've played this before (games are few and far between), but I played it this way last game and it was rapeage, tabling his drop pod list - hopefully legitimately!

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Nope. If you charge a unit into an existing melee it's the same combat as before. In order to have a "new" combat to benefit from another round of "Hate" you should end that previous melee (enemy killed, routed, hit&run away) and get charget or charge another unit. In your example the "first round of close combat" was the charge against the Flesh Tearers termies. If someone charges in that same melee it just add bodies to an ongoing combat, but the first turn is long gone :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts