Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

It’s always nice to see an army of vintage, not manufactured from years models to be painted nowadays – and we had such a rare opportunity recently with the Cadian, full of old, metal models army based upon the Eye of Terror campaign. It was a great fun to pay attention to the models’ facial expression as well as producing the urban camo pattern. And to produce the armywide urban debris bases.

Also, the army was commissioned to be done without extensive OSL – and we took the more realistic way, really fitting for the common soldiers in the service of the Emperor, with pleasure :) We hope they’ll be of your liking as well – and stay focused, as there are several models more to appear soon!

As always, feel free to visit our gallery to see more photos.

How do you like the camo pattern on these models?

Get your miniatures painted by us!
Our Gallery
Sign-up for our WEEKLY NEWSLETTER!
Painting tutorials

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
Those turned out very nice. I don't like the yellow accent colour. It seems too cold. A warm leather brown world have worked better. But otherwise I really like the camo scheme. The vehicles are also very tasteful. I much prefer your airbrushing without the heavy OSL. The sawed off basilisk is also novel.

·
Unhinged Hobo
2,341 Posts
I like the colour scheme and i'm a sucker for old models. My only niggle is that all of the tanks are new. Considering the time and effort it must have taken to gather 3 full squads and a command squad of 2nd edition miniatures, led by Colonel Schaeffer no less, only for all of the vehicles to be off the shelf and brand new is a little disappointing in my eyes.
Don't get me wrong, they're beautifully painted, but it's not like the classic hellhound, demolisher, griffon and chimera are too hard to get ahold of online.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like the colour scheme and i'm a sucker for old models. My only niggle is that all of the tanks are new. Considering the time and effort it must have taken to gather 3 full squads and a command squad of 2nd edition miniatures, led by Colonel Schaeffer no less, only for all of the vehicles to be off the shelf and brand new is a little disappointing in my eyes.
Don't get me wrong, they're beautifully painted, but it's not like the classic hellhound, demolisher, griffon and chimera are too hard to get ahold of online.
This is the customer's army and his choice of models - he asked for obtaining the new tank models and send his own old-school infantry;)

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
You guys have done a great job, but it still makes me glad at how far GW has come with their sculpts...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts