Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, after much thought I decide to create a new chapter, and write something about them. More to be added soon.

Index Astartes: Vigilant Icons

"We protect the sacred icon, so has it always been, and so shall it always be!

Origins and History:

Not much is known about their early history, as they have been very inward turned, not letting anyone outside the chapter know of their doings. One of the few known things from their past is that their gene seed is drawn from the Black Councils.

In 372.M41 a warp storm engulfed their planet, along with seven other solar systems. When the storms faded nineteen years later, the only planet to come back was their home planet, Onyx Prime, and this attracted the attention of the Inquisiton. They sent the 7th Pacificus Battlegroup, along with a cell of Inquisitors to investigate. When the Inquisitors arrived they found nothing more than a planet, bombarded with cyclonic torpedos and virus bombs. The only thing left intact, was a communication station on the planets moon which broad casted a message which contents are still largely unknown, cause of the heavy encryption. The chapter was declared as Excomunicate Traitoris.

Seven years after this the chapters fleet was seen entering the Eye of Terror straight under the nose of Cadia. This led the Inquistion to send the cell that had led the previous investigation to start a new hunt for the chapter, and half a year later they begun tracking the fleet.

For nineteen years nothing was heard of the two, before an message came from the eye. "They cracked the case" was the only thing the message said, and no one outside the Inquisiton knows what this meant. But it had to be something important, as the Inquisiton dispatched a large force of Ordo Malleus daemonhunters into the eye, supported by a Grey Knight strike force and several regiments of Cadian shock troops. Two years later, the Vigilant Icons, along with the Inquisitorial cell returned from the eye, and the chapter was quickly brought back into the Imperium of Man, and granted the rights for a new home world.

For an unknown reason, they settled a world dangerously close to the Halo Zone, only light years away from Ultima Macharia.

Home world: Varlaveus

Varlaveus is a planet close to the Halo Stars, on the absolute rim of the astronomican. Indeed, warp travel is all but impossible to it, and the navigation must often be done manually. The surface of the planet is mostly barren rock, and the north polar zone is covered in thick ice. The planet is slightly larger than Terra, but is by far less populated. Indeed, there are only two small "civilized" cities, that both have a small star port. The estimated number of citizens in these two cities are ca. 60 000 000, and that is over 89% of the planets population. The rest of planets habitable surface are hunting grounds for the various tribes living on the planet. The rest of the planet is an mostly inhabitable mountain chain running around the planet, and the only things living here are the guardians of the Icons, and wild mountain predators hunted by the chapters new recruits as a test, and by the grizzled veterans as a proof of their skills.

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just added some information about their homeworld. Any C&C is welcome... And also, could someone with more power than me change the name of the thread to "Index Astartes: Vigilant Icons" as I forgot to write Index Astartes when I started it...

·
Registered
272 Posts
good start i like it very secretive. looking forward to the next part :victory:

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! Next up will be some information on their heraldry and kill markings, and I hope you will enjoy it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts