Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
There's quite a few nice female minis out there that fit the bill for sensible combat wear, but this is the best set to date.

I hope these do very well and encourage more of the same.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
my question would be 'how do they look next to normal cadian's' who i use for my space marine 'scouts', and second how easy would it be to turn those rifles in to sniper rifles or bolters? they look riflely to me, so maybe just put scopes on all of them?

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Those are some nice looking mini's there. Female mini's that are done tastefully and look like they are actually combat ready seem to do really well in the market that I just don't understand GW's stance on SoB.

·
Irn Bru 32!
1,436 Posts
Wow, these are really nice minis. They definitely appear a little more combat ready than the bushwhackers with their titties out that we saw a little while ago.
Second that. I think i might grab a squad or two of these and mix them together with my cadian for a little diversity.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Victoria Miniatures do some really nice Imperial Guard style models. It's worth looking them up. If I ever did a guard army, I would certainly add some of their models.

arcadian-scale-comparison-2.jpg

To be honest, they are nicer than the GW models.

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
I especially like that these female soldiers don't have armor that conforms to the shape of their breasts for some reason.

Boobs are great, and in a fantasy setting I think boob-shaped armor has its place, but I like to see a more realistic depiction of armor on women in the grimdark future.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I may consider starting an allied Guard force once they release their not Mordian female miniatures to mix in with the male miniatures they already sell.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Very, very nice! :good:

·
Registered
272 Posts
Nice to see someone going against the grain of big-breasted tiny-waisted female troops. Soldiers shouldn't look like they're trying to seduce someone or sell lingerie.

·
Closet Dictator
3,431 Posts
Excellent minis and the fact they do not conform to the usual stereotype of sci fi female mini with the gravity defying breasts (always nice to look at) these would fit in great with with a guard army, my only quibble is I would prefare more futuristic looking weapon

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Good amount of detail, Rifles look similar enough to Las-Carbines, and even the gear might be able to be passable in Tournements without decalring Proxy. Plus those Melons............................those melons. :grin:

In any case nice find, I'll put them on my wish list.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
I expect good things from Victoria minis.

After all, SHE DID win GD several times here and she even entered several OS GD comps (although I don't know how she went there - I don't tend to follow the results of the GD comps too closely).

That said, IF I was going to start an IG army (not likely unless the 40k rules suddenly get both a lot better and more cost-effective), I'd be using them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts