Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I played in an RTT yesterday (2000 points) and decided to use a single Vibro Cannon for a measly 50 points. I thought it was going to be a waste of a good Heavy Support choice, but it was the best unit I had in my army.

All in all: a 50 point unit accomplished the following:

-(Game 1 had Escalation and was pretty much useless)
-Immobilized and weapon destroyed results on an Excorcist
-Killed 3 Seraphim
-Killed 3 Henchmen from an Inquisitor squad
-Weapon destroyed for a Penitent engine
-Immobilized a Fire Prism
-Shook 2 Wave Serpents
-Killed 2 Dire Avengers
-Killed 3 Harlequins

Unforunately, my opponents made all their pinning tests, but I was very impressed with it's performance given it's low points. I think I'll add a second one so I have an even better chance of hitting. Ironically, this outperformed my Fire Dragons, who I originally thought their 80 points was the most effecient unit I could field.

Anyone else use Vibro Cannons? If so, what's been your experiences?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Vibrocannons=Lots of Dead Vehicles

That is the theorem of Vibrocannons

·
Registered
269 Posts
Place them forward and preferably with eldrad. They hold a 36" radius that non of your enemies vechiles will want to enter.

They are truly disgusting. Any eldar player with the guts to drop a falcon (lol sterotype) and take a vibro cannon (better two in one) will reap the rewards.

Ugo and Gas took they and look how well they did (GT)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've got a second one to build. I realized two are definitely better to field than a single one. Even for 100 points, it seems very worthwhile.

Scary as it is, my army is actually going away from Falcons.

·
The Traveler
2,559 Posts
Vibro cannons are disgustingly effective. There's always that one unit that rips enemies to shreds. Like in the old Chaos Dex' it was the overpowered Demon Prince.

-Dirge

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I've been tending to go away from mech Eldar. I'm going to try out two Wraithlords and 2 Vibro Cannons (battery) as my Heavy Support choices.

·
The Traveler
2,559 Posts
Just make sure you protect those Lords', I've seen way too many get zapped by a point-blank Dev squad or Railgun.

-Dirge

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I should have an easier time hiding Wraithlords that I normally would using Falcons/Wave Serpents.

The Vibro Cannons really tipped the scales for me to use a mainly foot slogging army. We'll see how a battery of two perorm.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I typically run a battery of two vibro cannons in my mech-eldar lists.

I find that they are consistently able to tie down what ever nasty tank the opponent brings with them until my vypers and wave serpents can destroy said target.

Their special firing rules also allow for IC snipping. Honestly I have not found this to be very helpful due to the lack of AP, but it is something to keep in mind.

I originally put the battery in for a cities of death tournament, but I have been so pleased with how well they preform that I haven't run an Eldar list with out a battery for over six months now.

Peace
-Jeff

·
Registered
598 Posts
thanks for the suggestion!~as an eldar player myself, to be honest, ive never used the heavy weapon platforms
shame~they sound impressive. maybe i should give them a go; but as you say, what armies do you suggest they are best against?
and welcome to heresy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks, glad to be here.

As for vibro cannons, I have not found an army that they don't do well against. Against mech lists with a lot of transports and tanks they give my army breathing space by stunning the tanks while I pop the transports. Against swarm armies they can usually hit two (or three if lucky) different units per turn which helps thin the numbers out. Where they really shine is against the mixed armies with only a few heavy tanks.

A caveat here is that I have not used a vibro cannon battery against a landraider/ vindi with either the PotMS or daemonic possession yet. I can see either of those two tanks giving my army real head aches.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Locally, I see mech armies in a variety of forms. My Eldar have an abundance of S6, but I really wanted to find a cost effective way to get to vehicles. Besides my Fire Dragons, the Vibro Cannons really fit the bill.

Unfortunately, I've run into two games of late that used Escalation which really hampered their effectiveness. Typically, I don't see much of Escalation, but I can see how this could really affect UK GT players where Escalation is much more commonplace.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts