Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hy everybody,I am a 40k player.At my club when we have a tournament it's being played for 2 days with 5 or 6 games in total;usually 5 ,the 6th one is in case of a tie

We play 3 standard missions- in the first day-one of each with some minor additional objectives(like kill hq,control quarter etc.)
2nd day 2 missions with different objectives but nothing wild

Standard deployment( 3 ones from the rulebook in most of them )

I am looking for an army that will do well in a tournament in witch:

*I will have objectives but also kill points
*I will face fast eldar, marines(chaos,vanilla,BA,DA etc.) good on CC or good on shooting,meltas,mechanized marine-guard army,heavy firepower tau/guard swarms most tyranides but also ork,even necrons SO I need to stay balanced

My goal is to be 1sr or 2ndplace in the next 3 tournaments so I can go to a contest in Polland-with free tickets-I a interested in winning.

HQ Ku'Gath 300(anti swarm,hard to kill)

2 x Tzeralds(2 x breathe,one with Master of sorcery,d.gaze) 195

Elites

5 Fiends 150
5 Fiends 150(vs infantry and tanks,fast)

Troops

7 Plaguebearers -icon 130
5 Plaguebearers 75(objective)

10 Bloodletters 160

Fast attack

6 Screamers -96

Heavy support

Soul Grinder-phlegm 160

Daemon Prince(d.gaze) 100

1st wave : ku'gath + 7 Pb-icon + Daemon Prince + 6 Scremer + Tzerald + Fiend + 10 bloodletters

2nd wave : soul grinder + 7 Pb-icon + Daemon Prince + 5 Pb + Tzerald + Fiend

Don't know something though-when Ku'gath make a unit of nurlings on a 4+ every turn- that unit counts as a kill point?

Rest is up to you

·
Registered
648 Posts
No Bolt on your Tzeralds? That needs to change.

Get 18 Fiends, every time. Fiends are the best unit in the book.

1 Grinder is going to suck up railgun/melta shots and die, just grab another Prince.

If you want cheap shooty Princes, give them Mark of Tzeentch and Bolt.

Ku'Gath is cool, but you don't need much help against infantry. A normal GUO is almost half the cost and works just fine as a bullet sponge.

Screamers are a free KP and not even good at their job. Bolts and Fiends are much better and versatile anti-tank units.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tzeralds have bs 4... they might miss...and for one shot ..don t know

Ok...I was thinkng too of GUO ,but waht can I do with hordes?

·
Registered
320 Posts
yes when he makes nurglings they count as a kill point.

I would drop the screamers from the list and use those points to get more plaguebearers or even a mark/iron hide on those DP. gives them a bit more survive ability

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
HQ Ku'Gath 300(anti swarm,hard to kill)
If you're willing to splurge tons of points on a model like this, I'd suggest just going all the way and picking up Fateweaver. He's very survivable and makes your other units extremely tough as long as they're nearby.

2 x Tzeralds(2 x breathe,one with Master of sorcery,d.gaze) 195
If there guys aren't going into units of Horrors, give them Chariots, We Are Legion, Master of Sorcery and Bolt of Tzeentch. Remember that Bolt is pretty much the Daemon's only answer to mechanized armies that doesn't require close combat.

Elites

5 Fiends 150
5 Fiends 150(vs infantry and tanks,fast)
These are good, but give one in each unit Unholy Might for Wound Allocation purposes.

Troops

5 Plaguebearers 75(objective)

10 Bloodletters 160
Decent. I'd be a bit uncomfortable with Bloodletters, but that's personal preference.

Fast attack

6 Screamers -96
Please ditch these guys. The chances of your opponents being silly enough to keep their vehicles still in what sounds like a high profile tournament are slim to none. Use the points on other stuff that I've suggested.

Heavy support

Soul Grinder-phlegm 160
I'd drop this guy since he's your only vehicle. Soul Grinders do well in pairs and suffer otherwise.

These guys seem like a bit of a waste. I'd give them both the Mark of Tzeentch, Bolt and Iron Hide.

Hope this helps!

Katie D

·
Registered
324 Posts
as explained above, get rid of kugath. replace him either with a GUO OR with more tzeralds in chariots.

The princes are too expensive and useless at the moment. For a few more points you can give them a 4+ invul and a decent shot. get rid of the soul grinder and the screamers to get the points for that.

use the extra 150 points from losing kugath to get a 3rd unit of fiends and bump the others to 6 man.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
why does everyone always wanna use thses special greater daemons they cost too many points a standard greater daemon. you can get way more use out of a standard greater daemon than you can with the uniquees and customize them more as well.

Also fiends are great they kick but i would drop one squad and use flamers in there stead they may die quite often but they sure do make up for it with breath of chaos.

Stop horrors are a better troop in your first wave than BL or PB. granted PB can hold an objective and BL can wreak havoc in CC but when they get peppered with with rapid fire shots when they com in they dont last long eneogh to make a diffrence. Don't underestimate daemonettes either these guys are good at movin in fast, striking first, and asking question later. consider this 3 base attacks pluse 1 with the charge and they rend and have the fleet ability lets see this whould be with a unit of 10 40 attacks at I 6.
soul grinders are good but are huge targets unless you gonna have more than 1 its not worth the points use DP with wings and breath of chaos if you got the extra points left later give them iron hide.
thats my 2 cents :) for the record im not mocking anyones list at all this is just what i have learned from my time playing daemons

1 - 9 of 9 Posts