Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...this is perhaps one of the weirdest requests I have ever made on a forum...that is warhammer related...

Moving swiftly on, I'm a scout leader and one night after a long day we decided to go to the pub (the leaders, not the kids). One drink led to another and eventually we started talking about what we were going to do for our Christmas night (this discussion took place in September). Well, some bright spark suggested that we do the nativity. What isn't fun about a group of rowdy scouts doing a story about Jesus in a church hall. Well the drinks went further and it was decided that we would do the nativity story...through the eyes of the Donkey.

Anyway, the night ended after we had had a good laugh and we all went home with the conclusion that this wasn't a good idea...or so I thought.
As I return home from university I am greeted by the other leaders with the following phrase: "So hows the nativity script going?" To my shock and (fascinated) Horror, they had decided to go with it. I'm desperately trying to come up with something that is actually funny and fun to do but keeping it quite tame and harmless as well as the kids ages range from 10 - 14 and the church we use for our nights aren't exactly...forgiving...

So, I throw this question to the masses, anyone got any ideas?

I want to keep the story light and fun, but limiting the amount swearing, racisim, sexism...in fact any kind of -isms, to acceptable levels. And again, please remember it is the story of from the Donkeys and the rest of the animals perspective

If people are interested as to what I get I'll post it up and see what you guys think.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I'm pretty sure I read a children book a while back that had the story set from the view point of the different animals involved in the Nativity. Perhaps do some research into it and see if that gives you any idea's. If you looking to make comedy be very careful as Christmas is a very special Holiday to not just the Public, but Christian "Parents" as well.

When I was 10 we did a Passion theme play based on the perspective of the Roman Centurion/Soldiers present during the time. It switched between recreating the actual events (From the Centurions/Soldier's view point), to scene where the Centurion/Soldiers had deep philosophical discussion relating to the Catholic theme's of the play. Might be an idea to consider..... perhaps?

Anyway, not mucyh of a playwrite, but hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts