Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something recently came up that I have never though of before, and that is whether or not terminators with power weapons get dual wield. I always played it as they did, but recently a friend of mine who came from Toronto questioned this, and I was unable to find a definitive answer to whether they do or not.

If you have a answer to this question please leave a page or errata reference source.

·
Registered
496 Posts
umm... i have no idea what your asking... but Termis can use anything under their wargear, what exactly were you hoping to dual weild?

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
They can dual wield, if they have the options to get appropriate weapons. Just remember that normal terminators don't have pistols (Storm bolters are not pistols, and can't be used as a CCW), and so won't get an extra attack. Characters with two appropriate weapons can dual wield, but mostly they can only get that with two PFs/LCs or THs. Remember that they can't get pistols either, and the normal SM characters don't have an option for a second PW while in Terminator Armour.

·
Registered
43 Posts
yea im pretty sure you get an extra attack for just having a power weapon and a bolt pistol. but i think with PF, LC, and TH you have to 2 of them. also im not sure but i believe the Ice weapons for SW have to be dualed.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
terminators apply byt the same rules as everyone else.

Powerfist + Storm Bolter - Special weapon so no bonus attack.
Power Sword + Storm bolter - only has 1 CCW so no bonus.
Thunder hammer + Storm Shield - only has 1 CCW so no bonus. Also Storm shield prevents the bonus as per it's rules.
Lightning Claw + Lightning Claw - YUou do get the bonus as you have 2 speciaL weapons.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Damn it looks like my slaanesh terminators are about as effective as a wet paper beg if combi-bolters/Storm Bolters don't give dual wield. Also it would seem if their really never is a good reason to take a PW/CB CSM terminator, unless your using them to fight something your regular CSM could kill.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Damn it looks like my slaanesh terminators are about as effective as a wet paper beg if combi-bolters/Storm Bolters don't give dual wield. Also it would seem if their really never is a good reason to take a PW/CB CSM terminator, unless your using them to fight something your regular CSM could kill.
2 power weapon attacks (3 on the charge) at I5? useless? eeeh, you have some high standards mate :p

CSM are damn cheap, take them with a combi-weapon (combi-melta or plasma are absolutely amazing in large numbers), take one or two Chain fists in the unit, and they're golden. They have 2 attacks each base, so it's the same as a normal CSM with 2ccw bonus. Lightning Claws are certainly amazing on Slannesh termies, but don't discount what a whole bunch of Plasma/melta shots can do - absolutely fark up whatever you're aiming at. Basic PW/CB grunts are also great cheap fodder to remove as your first wounds.

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
Besides you can spend the additional points to make them all champions for the extra attack, without sacrificing any wargear options.

Win/Win!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Bayonets count as close combat weapons, and the chaos terminators have bayonets on their twinlinked bolters so they would get extra attack with power weapon

·
Death Before Dishonour
1,430 Posts
Bayonets count as close combat weapons, and the chaos terminators have bayonets on their twinlinked bolters so they would get extra attack with power weapon
I'm still trying to decypher whether or not your being serious with this. :shok:

Grish

·
Registered
488 Posts
It's a Combi-twinlinked-bolter-sword*!

* - note that the other half of combi weapons is one-use only. So you stick him with the blade, and then twist it to break it off, let the poor sod struggle with getting it free :p

·
Registered
60 Posts
Someone break out the beakheads and those nifty bolters w/chainsaw-bayonets!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.