Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 175 Posts

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
Ask and ye shall receive. Week 3: Versus Carnifex

Week two has been going great, and I'm very pleased to see the Broadside thread from week 1 is still going strong. But one thing we could use is more suggestions! Not just on new units to add to the pol but of what ones in the pool people want to see.

Suggestions pool as of Week 3
Terminators
Sniper Drones
Lash Prince
Mephiston
Plague Marines
Harlequins
Falcons
Wave Serpents
Hive Tyrants
Wraithlord
The Nightbringer
The Deceiver
Jump Packers
Kharn the Betrayer
Tigurius
Eldrad Ulthran
Deepstrikers

·
Registered
620 Posts
id say go with Terminators for Week 4
maybe even go as more specific and say Deathwing Terminators

also i would like to see what some ppl would do against a Mech Eldar Army
from what i have heard, its one of the most powerful armies these days

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Good suggestions. Anyone else?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'd like to see something on the Deceiver or Monolith. You've covered Tau, Marines and Tyranids so far. Seeing something on the Necrons would be nice.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Drop Pod SM armies. Ugh.

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
Alright, we're into week Four and still going strong! Great job you guys on keeping this thing going!

This week we didn't get many new suggestions, but we did get a lot of feedback on which ones we've already got that people want to see, which is just as good. But if we're going to keep this going long enough that Jez is forced to give it a subforum of its own, we need more of both! :biggrin: So let's hear some new suggestions, as well as let us know which ones already listed you want to see.

There seems to be a lot of interest in Eldar right now, both out in the forum and here in suggestions (and even in Rules), and I myself am curious about those bloody skimmers...but because we're already talking so much about Eldar, I think it's only fair to wait just a little longer and give someone else a chance.

So this week, it's the 'Crons turn.
Week Four: Versus Necron Monoliths.

Suggestions Pool as of Week 4 (We could use some new ones as well as opinions on what ones already posted you want to hear. Don't be afraid to make more than one suggestion)

Asterix (*) denotes units that have been suggested more than once.
Terminators *
Sniper Drones
Lash Prince
Daemon Prince (DPs in general. This is my suggestion this week :biggrin: )
Mephiston
Plague Marines
Harlequins *
Eldar SKimmers ** (lumped falcons and serpents together)
Hive Tyrants
Wraithlord
The Nightbringer
The Deceiver *
Jump Packers
Kharn the Betrayer
Tigurius
Eldrad Ulthran
Deepstrikers/Drop Pods *

·
Registered
589 Posts
Crisis Battlesuits. Okay I know these are generally easy to kill but you wanted suggestions and Crisis suits are quite capable of doing damage when used well.

Hammerheads/Tau Skimmers. Though mine seem to have no problems dying I read a lot of people complaining about Tau skimmers being really hard to bring down so this could be worth considering.

These may seem like odd suggestions coming from a Tau player, but knowing how my enemy can kill me is just as important as knowing how I can kill them.

I would like to see Terminators or Harlequins looked at next week. We seem to be focusing on the larger units as they can be quite nasty but the tactics used in dealing with them are kinda similar. For past two weeks the only advice for Tau players has been "shoot them with railguns", that's good advice as it will work but I'm sure most Tau players would do that anyway.

Anyway I'm really enjoying the whole 'versus' thing and I hope it keeps going.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Already mentioned-
vs. Plague Marines
vs. Hive Tyrants
vs. Terminators
vs. Deamon Princes
New-
vs. Master of the Ravenwing!! (I hate that fast Land Raider)
vs. Abaddon the Despoiler (much scarier than Kharn)
vs. Howling Banshees
vs. Deathwing (all terminator/mech army)

I love the threads Galahad and think its coming along great so far.

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
Alright, not a lot of people suggesting this week but a lot of suggestions none the less.

Looks like a lot of interest in Terminators, but Eldar have been the white elephant in the room and I figure we should address them before doubling back to Marines.

Harlies got a LOT of talk recently though, and so have skimmers... I was tempted to do the skimmers, but really there's so much on them right now and I didn't want another "Shoot it with railguns!" topic

So I figured I'd go back a step and hit on someone that hasn't been brought up a lot lately: Eldrad Ulthran...I know, he hasn't gotten as many requests as skimmers or harlies, but I'm curious about him (and I think it's good to remind people that this can be about ICs too)

Keep adding new suggestions, keep weighing in on old ones (I promise I won't ignore the multi-star topics often! Just this once...)

And, hey, why not some orks?! Their new codex is freaking scary, let's hear some orky units you want to take down!

In the meantime, here's the list as of Week Five (God, it's been more than a month!)

Terminators ***
Sniper Drones
Lash Of Submission *
Daemon Prince *
Mephiston
Plague Marines *
Harlequins **
Eldar Skimmers **
Hive Tyrants *
Wraithlord
The Nightbringer
The Deceiver *
Jump Packers
Kharn the Betrayer
Tigurius
Deepstrikers/Drop Pods *
Tau Battlesuits
Tau SKimmers
Master of the Ravenwing
Abaddon the Despoiler
Howling Banshees
The Deathwing

·
Registered
995 Posts
I double triple quadruple suggest the Daemon Prince. How about shooty armies taking down the bike/jetbike rush? I have always had a problem with that.

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #40 (Edited)
Sorry for the tardy update, folks. Lost track of what day was what and spend my normal Versus time whipping up some 40k fiction of the fiction contest.

Eldrad didn't turn out like I expected, but it still generated a lot of activity. I'm glad to see we're still going strong.

Looking at the list, I see a couple of topics with strong interest, and since we haven't touched on chaos yet, I'm going to call this week for The Daemon Prince.

As always, good job guys, you're the ones who keep this feature going. Let's hear some more ideas and recommendations. I'll try not to be 12 hours late next week ;-)

Suggestions As Of Week 6
Terminators ***
Sniper Drones
Lash Of Submission *
Mephiston
Plague Marines *
Harlequins **
Eldar Skimmers **
Hive Tyrants *
Wraithlord
The Nightbringer
The Deceiver *
Jump Packers