Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the Venomthrope confer a +5 cover save to a unit of gants were only 1 is within 6" of the Venomthrope.

example:

the gants are streched out in a line to maximum coherency with the last one 5 inches away from the Venomthrope. Does the entire unit get the save?

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
Venmthrope's rules: any unit within 6" gets the save, doesnt say any unit wholly within 6". There are quite a few examples of this sort of effect. Necron res orb, IG Straken, Ork KFF to name just a few...

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
thats what make venomthropes so awesome "Who gives a fuck about invul EVERYTHING IN MY ARMY GETS A COVER SAVE :p"

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
it says "unit" so only 1 needs to be in range. Not goging to help you agianst my marine with there many flamers tho :victory:

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
thats what make venomthropes so awesome "Who gives a fuck about invul EVERYTHING IN MY ARMY GETS A COVER SAVE :p"
Um, well its nice, but not really as good as you may think. 2 reasons why it isnt that good and 1 why it is: venomthropes are really easy to kill (T4 with a 5+ armour/cover save and onyl 2W), gaunt screens give pretty much everything a 4+ cover save... BUT the venomthropes give cover to everything, including monstrous creatures, which is their best use. Throw them into the middle of 3 trygons and run the whole lot forward... its funny watching peoples' faces :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts