Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Lovely, been waiting for this one. Heard very good words about it from the early reviews. Pleased its out this soon, had heard like august for official release.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Didn't realize this was out next month, thought it was June/July for some reason. Feeling a little on the wrong side of apprehensive for this, hoping McNeill can actually make a repeat of his success of A Thousand Sons.
Well having read it myself I personally don't think that Vengeful Spirit is A Thousand Sons quality. It's very good and great in more than a few places, but it lacks that emotional quality, epic tragedy and ability to create empathy for characters that ATS had.

LotN

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
I see that the Horus tax is included. A 5€ price hike for the physical copy and 7.50€ for the audiobook. Awesome.

·
Registered
75 Posts
^

The eBook costs the same as always (at least in euros).

I do love paper. But double the prize for the dead-tree edition? Come on.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
The Molech conflict was foreshadowed in the short story The Devine Adoratrice. From that weekender only Horus Heresy anthology, Imperial Creed I think it was called.

·
Registered
190 Posts
It's seriously pain in the ass to keep up with BL's novels. Still reading Vulkan Lives, and look, RavenLord and Vengeful Spirit showed up. Aint that nice :p

You either have to be filthy rich or patient, which I'm neither.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Forked out £11.99 for the ebook, as much as I think Black Library are ripping us off at those prices I just have to read it. Looks like I'm going to be up all night with this.

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
It is worth noting that VS is HUGE.
Significantly larger than most of the HH books. And at least the price hike comes with more pages, as opposed to less lol
And yet the audio version is somehow 4 hours shorter than Angel Exterminatus?

·
Registered
40 Posts
And yet the audio version is somehow 4 hours shorter than Angel Exterminatus?
Have you bought it, or are you just going by the time on the page? The latter can't be trusted. (BL is notorious for copy/pasting to create new books... for example, Descent of Angels listed the wrong narrators for a while because it had been copy/pasted from one of the anthologies and they didn't fix it before going live.)

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts
It is worth noting that VS is HUGE.
Significantly larger than most of the HH books. And at least the price hike comes with more pages, as opposed to less lol
Longer than average HH novels. It's marginally shorter than A Thousand Sons for those wondering.

Who is Molech btw?
Molech is an Imperial world which is the primary setting of the novel Vengeful Spirit.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Just noticed the ebook version of Vengeful Spirit is available for download. Pulled it to my kindle.

Edit: Finished it, a pretty good read with some suprise twists. Definitely one of the better books from Graham McNeil, even if it doesnt reach the lofty heights of A Thousand Sons.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Once again...$22.50 for shipping! Does the $50 free shipping thing still apply? If so I will just wait until Ravenlord and order both...

1 - 20 of 114 Posts