Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last 2 times I've played against a friend he's both immobilised and weapon destroyed a vehicle of mine in 1 unit's shooting volley, causing the last weapon to now be destroyed and the vehicle to now be immobilised (it wasn't already).

The problem is he has it in his head that let's say a Whirlwind, that because it can't move, can't even rotate on the spot, and has no weapons that it should be classed as wrecked.

I've explained to him that an immobilised result on an already immobilised = wrecked, and a weapon destroyed with no weapons remaining = wrecked, but that what he is saying does not = wrecked.

He asked could I post on this forum for others to referee it.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
If you no longer have any weapons and are immobilized and suffer another weapon destroyed or immobilize result then you are wreck.
Edit: Page 61 see Note in between immobilized and wrecked.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks for the fast replies. I had it wrong in my head then, weapon destroyed with no weapons is immobilised not wrecked; and immobilised when already immobilised is weapon destroyed not wrecked.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
I've explained to him that an immobilised result on an already immobilised = wrecked, and a weapon destroyed with no weapons remaining = wrecked, but that what he is saying does not = wrecked.
Just to set things straight, it works like this:

If you have all weapons destroyed, and suffer another weapon destroyed result, you become imobilised.

If you are imobilised and you suffer another imobilised result, it becomes a weapon destroyed result.

If you have all weapons destroyed AND you are immobilised, and you suffer another result of either, only then you are classed as wrecked.

So, if the vehicle is weapon-less and immobilised, it is not wrecked automatically. This is important for things like transports, where a unit would be able to remain inside the vehicle, or in cases where the vehicle can be repaired, or where the vehicle can still have an effect on the battle field. The vehicle might be sitting there, unable to move or shoot, but it can still have an effect on the battle field in other ways :) It also doesn't give away a kill point in Annihilation missions.

Hope that helps clear it up somewhat :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts