Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Grey Knight Converter
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From what I got from the rulebook sponson weapons have a 180 fire arc so they can anything along the side of the tank and stuff in front. Turret weapons have 360 view and fixed weapons have 45 90 degree from the gun barrel.

The question I have is specifically for the exorcist tank. There are two models available. The old model which looks like a whirlwind and the newer model where the missiles are placed vertical inside the tank and are fired like a javalin missile. What is the fire arc on this vehicle, 360, 180 or 90???

·
Inquisitor
963 Posts
I would use the ordinance settings like it pictures with the basilisk. Use the 90 just to be safe.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
I use 90 degree arcs for mine, but I don't believe that this is totally fair. I do so out of a need to prevent unnecessary quibbles during the game, but I believe that the Exorcist Launcher should be considered turret mounted as it initially appeared. If LOS complaints are made, how do you resolve them when the launcher is pointed straight up, and has true LOS to nothing but overhead lighting fixtures?

While the pewter edition model is nice and characterful, it does not conform to the game mechanics very well. Just one more situation where form did not follow function in WH40K.

·
Grey Knight Converter
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Which means that the older version actually has an advantage based on the model (missiles are on a turret), that seems like a pretty stupid way of thinking to me though.

·
The Traveler
2,559 Posts
I would say it has a 360 arc because the missiles are fired straight up, coming down somewhere on the battle. Like a Javalin, you said. Of course, you may be asking for it, so I would stick to the 90 for pick-up games.

-Dirge

·
Registered
0 Posts
I would say 360 degrees. From the location of the missles and the way it is fires it would seem to follow the rules for turret mounted vs fix mounted like the bassie.

*sigh* the happy days of any weapon could fire anyplace because vehicles could piviot on spot.

·
Banned
280 Posts
I would say 360 degrees. From the location of the missles and the way it is fires it would seem to follow the rules for turret mounted vs fix mounted like the bassie.

*sigh* the happy days of any weapon could fire anyplace because vehicles could piviot on spot.
They still can pivot, it's just that exposing your rear or side armour to Lascannons is generally considered not worth it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts