Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so i had a game on monday and my opponent managed to get 3 glancing and 7 penetrating hits on my land raider. out of those 7 penetrating hits he got 4 6's. and my tank obviously blew up and managed to hit several of my guys. now he claims that since he rolled 4 6's that my guys hit would take hits from 4 explosion results. i looked in the rulebook and couldnt find anything to support his claim. so would i still have to take the hits from multiple explosion results?

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Ha ha... No.

The rulebook has corners for a reason, you know.

·
Jeep's and Harley's
1,997 Posts
ok, so i had a game on monday and my opponent managed to get 3 glancing and 7 penetrating hits on my land raider. out of those 7 penetrating hits he got 4 6's. and my tank obviously blew up and managed to hit several of my guys. now he claims that since he rolled 4 6's that my guys hit would take hits from 4 explosion results. i looked in the rulebook and couldnt find anything to support his claim. so would i still have to take the hits from multiple explosion results?

Like it was said in Office Space ... " No. No, man. Shit, no, man. I believe you'd get your ass kicked sayin' something like that, man."

·
Registered
496 Posts
JTFC o_O

SEVEN pens on a LR XD?

what was he using like 17 FD's or somthing >.>

anyway if you read teh fluff about a vehical blowing up it says that its fule and ammunitions (the only things that can blow up) blow up when it explodes...

how exactly does he plan ot materialize 3 more loads of fuel and ammo inside your LR to justify this?

IMHO you ask him if he can justify how he can do that, if his reason is good enough (AKA funny enough) then let him do it XD

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well when he explained it to me he said that on any hit result on a vehicle if its a pen or glance that you roll on the dmg chart and apply the result...and from what i seen there is nothing that says you only use one of the 4 exploding results

but i still think he was incorrect on the topic which was why i asked

edit: oh and he swarmed me with warlocks for that move

·
Registered
496 Posts
well when he explained it to me he said that on any hit result on a vehicle if its a pen or glance that you roll on the dmg chart and apply the result...and from what i seen there is nothing that says you only use one of the 4 exploding results

but i still think he was incorrect on the topic which was why i asked

edit: oh and he swarmed me with warlocks for that move
ahh

well once a Vehical is destroyed (as in explodes) thats the end of it, it can no longer take damage because the Vehical no longer exsists

i think your ment to actualy roll Vehical damage rolls one at a time so that situations like that do not apply

·
Registered
7,314 Posts
Notionally yes you do blow up 4 times as shooting is all resolved simultaneously. But in a general sense no, you blow up once and then you're blown up.

Aramoro

1 - 8 of 8 Posts