Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simple, Unless it's a Walker or two, there is no such thing as vehicles touching, and I want them to lose their AT fields and actually be able to hit one another.
It's pretty much an addition to tank shock.
The armour penertration rules show us what Strength is needed to glance the AV, so I'd say this is the 'strength' of the side. In tank shock, a non-close combat vehicle may do damage to another vehicle if given the chance, it does Tank shock as usual, but when it hits the other vehicle, it does an attack equal to the strength needed to glance its own front armour (front because you can't drift your way to the enemy), so AV13 is S7 & etc. and it does the attack as normal on the side it collides with.

If you can follow my strange, strange explanation, do you like it?

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
id rather have

guy doing tank shocking has to roll a dice
guy getting tank shocked can move or stay if he stays he can roll a dice and who ever gets the highest isnt immobilised

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I'd say a roll to hit...a roll to evade.
I like the idea of collisions. Speed should be a factor.
What about mass?
An armor value 12 Eldar vehicle and an armor value 12 IG tank don't weigh the same, so the damage they do wouldn't be proportionate.
I can't think of an elegant way of doing this.
Anyone else?

·
Grey Knight Converter
2,169 Posts
How about this?

Attacking player declares he is going to ram. Both players roll a dice and subtract it from their highest armour value. If attacking player is lower or tied than ram is successful. Rolls are modified by which side of the vehicle is being rammed.

Ramming rear of vehicle: +1 to attacking player
Ramming side of vehicle: +1 to defending player
Distance: +1 to defending player for every full 6 inches.

For damage each player roll a D6 and compares it to the chart. Result is damaged to caused to opponents tank. If roll is not successful move attacking tank full movement distance, move opponent tank out of the way.

1) No damage
2) No damage
3) No damage
4) Glancing hit result - 1
5) Glancing Hit
6) Immobilised

Modifiers:

Movement over 6 inches of distance: +1 to both rolls
Head on: +1 to both rolls
Ramming rear armour: -1 to both rolls
Ramming side armour: +1 to attackers roll
Higher Armour: Compare attackers front armour to defenders armour of side that is getting armmed, for every difference of 2, player with higher armour gets +1.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts