Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Heresy's Graphics Slave
1,746 Posts
I enjoyed watching your two battles against the Dark Elves, especially considering I collect Dark Elves. Good stuff.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Tomb Kings vs Skaven!

This was my first ever encounter with Skaven, period. I'm glad I did, they are a really good time. Made some serious mistakes, ones I won't make next time now that I have seen how skaven work in practice. This was a good game.

1-
2-

Below: Gutter Runners avoid stacked Tomb Kings defenders thanks to a lucky scatter dice, putting them in an ideal location to assassinate the casket liche. But they fail their terror test, and run for it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
In days past, the land of Khemri was once ruled by many proud and might Kings. Only Settra, the greatest King of Khemri, was able to unite them. But old rivalries die hard - even after the catastrophic events of the sorceror Nagash, the old kings of Khemri arise to do war: against each other.

1-
2-

Below: Unstoppable Assault

·
Registered
40 Posts
As i'm just putting together my first Whfb army, the Druchii, these reports are helping me wrap my head around the differences from 40k.

+ rep :so_happy:

·
Registered
55 Posts
So so glad you keep doing these, seriously they are the only battle reports i ever watch or read :) well just plain watch GJ!!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Double update today. Had some High Elves over at my place, bringing in my debut yellow desert gaming table. Photos aren't quite as clear under artificial light, but you can see what is going on. Elf out deploys and out-manouvers me, but someone forgot to tell him that superior generalship has nothing on superior dice rolling.

1-
2-

Below: Dragon princes have a lot of things going for them: good stats, good armour, good item options... but one thing that they don't have is; THEIR SOULS!

Next game features the Bretonnians. My first time against Brets, actually turned out to be a real good'un. I actually trialled a MUCH softer list for this one, only one liche, no casket, took another chariot prince instead. Nothing cheesy about that!

p1 -
p2 -

Below: The General uses the wyrmlance to unleash a fiery gout of flame over my skeletons!

·
Searching for Vulkan
2,755 Posts
too bad about those chariots being held up by measly yeomen. Gawd I hate them!! Though you should probably have just nailed 'em for effect with the chariots, could maybe have over run into the knights! Oh well man, great reports!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Tomb Kings vs The Empire, heavy on Artillery, light on characters.

1 -
2 -

Below: How many in short range?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Rematch against the nice guy that gave me a lift home from NATCON, I beat him in the first round. Today's game was at his place and the lighting was very gloomy. Made for some very atmospheric photography! Tomb Kings vs Dark Elves.

p1 -
p2 -

Below: Gloom Descends.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Rare game against lizardmen, really enjoyed myself in this one.

p1
p2

Below: Charm of the Jaguar Warrior

·
Registered
38 Posts
SOULS!!!

Although I am a Lizardman player, that was a great battle! Now that I finally have a decent camera I may start doing something like this for my lizards or necron.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Played a game against a list a friend is toying around with for a tournament he is running, last night. He's using his ambiguous wood elf/high elf collection of models to represent high elves this time. On the face of it - a fluffy list with no RBT's, no heavy cav, only one mage, lots of points sunk into swordmasters and archers - something I would normally be very happy about. But he's got a mounted BSB with the battle banner and a noble on an eagle with the star lance and talisman of loec! A small spanner in the works for my tomb kings...

Below: 'El reavers behind the lines

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Game number 3 against Phil - a regular dark elf opponent - this weekend, making it a win, draw, and a...

1-
2-

Below: The Dark Tower

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
In this special report, I swap races with one of my regular Dark Elf opponents. I use the list that he used against me for game #1 at NATCON this year. Nice to see how things work out from the other side of the table!

1-
2-

Below: BSB: Battle Standard Bitch

·
Registered
431 Posts
Very impressive dude. Usually when I play against or see tomb kings being played they get bitch slapped all across the table. You do a pretty damn good amount of ass kicking with an army I never felt threatened by. Now I'm scared to death of TK lol.

·
Heresy's Graphics Slave
1,746 Posts
Did you enjoy using the Dark Elves? That BSB was well worth her points then! I like the fact you often play against the Dark Elves as being a new player it gives me some ideas. I've never really entertained the idea of the Cauldron but you used it effectively that game it seems!

21 - 40 of 42 Posts