Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes it's cheesy, yes it's about as original as an Ultrasmurfs army but will it work?

Chaos Sorcerer, Mark of Slaneesh, Lash of Submission – 125 points.

Chaos Lord, Terminator Armour, Mark of Slaneesh, Daemon Weapon – 150 points.

5 Terminators, Icon of Slaneesh, Terminator Champion with Powerfist – 185 points.

7 Plague Marines, 2 Meltaguns, Champion with Combi-Melta & Powerfist, Rhino – 266 points.

7 Plague Marines, 2 Plasma guns, Champion Combi-Plasma & Powerfist, Rhino – 276 points.

10 Chaos Space Marines, Icon of Chaos Glory, Lascannon & Plasma Gun, Champion with Powerfist, Rhino – 270 points.

3 Obliterators – 225 points.

Lash sorcerer rides with plasma gun PMs who advance along with Melta PMs towards enemy lines. CSM hold rear/home objectives & provide fire support.

Chaos Lord, Terminators and Obliterators deep strike from second turn onwards, attacking key enemy units.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
well your rhinos arnt gonna last very long, since youve got nothing to divert fire from them, & walking PMs / CSMs = dead marines

do your termies have any combi-weapons? if not then id drop 2 of them & potentially the termie lord as well. theyre just too much a point sink to not even be able to kill a tank the turn they DS

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Yes it's cheesy, yes it's about as original as an Ultrasmurfs army but will it work?

Chaos Sorcerer, Mark of Slaneesh, Lash of Submission – 125 points.

Chaos Lord, Terminator Armour, Mark of Slaneesh, Daemon Weapon – 150 points.

5 Terminators, Icon of Slaneesh, Terminator Champion with Powerfist – 185 points.

7 Plague Marines, 2 Meltaguns, Champion with Combi-Melta & Powerfist, Rhino – 266 points.

7 Plague Marines, 2 Plasma guns, Champion Combi-Plasma & Powerfist, Rhino – 276 points.

10 Chaos Space Marines, Icon of Chaos Glory, Lascannon & Plasma Gun, Champion with Powerfist, Rhino – 270 points.

3 Obliterators – 225 points.

Lash sorcerer rides with plasma gun PMs who advance along with Melta PMs towards enemy lines. CSM hold rear/home objectives & provide fire support.

Chaos Lord, Terminators and Obliterators deep strike from second turn onwards, attacking key enemy units.
i'd run two Lash Sorcs.

the PM squads look good, and if the whole of this list is meant to got out and charge, why not run 3 PM squads? you could take two meltagun PM squads and have the Sorcs. ride with the them the plasma PMs can support either unit.

i'd drop the termie unit altogether and take two units of two Oblits in each, or reduce the Termie unit to 3 and use it as termicide; you still get to Oblits this way.

good hunting.

·
4,491 Posts
I wouldnt call it cheesy.
Only 3 Oblits.
Sorcerers instead of Princes.
Termies on foot.
Id say its a fairly fluffy/friendly build.
Not exactly a hardcore tournament list, and definitely not cheese.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I wouldnt call it cheesy.
Only 3 Oblits.
Sorcerers instead of Princes.
Termies on foot.
Id say its a fairly fluffy/friendly build.
Not exactly a hardcore tournament list, and definitely not cheese.
KingOf Cheese is 100% correct, this list is a decent sounding list, but definately not a winning list. Deepstriking Terminators is a horrible idea. It is unpredictable when your terminators will get on the field. i know from experience that terminators deepstriking is a terrible idea. Sorcerers are cool but not as reliable as daemon princes, thats my oppinion. Oblits are really only super good in bulk, like 9. i will never not roll 9 oblits, they just suck in low numbers. but yea i personally like taking havocs with lascannons 4 in a 5 man squad. but for a 1500 point game vindicators are more of a threat. People like me run a list like this.
155 Daemon Prince MoS LoS
145 Daemonic Posession Vindicators
alright thats 745 points, you have 755 points left to spend. Id suggest 2 10 man squads of plague marines, and maybe a squad of infiltrating with 5 plasmaguns. Chosen are great for objectives. you infiltrate on the objectives and kill anything that tries to take it. but yea thats a 1500 point power game list. When you get to 2500 points you have a bit more space to explore with chaos list. but id suggest a linbreaker squad for 1500 with lash princes.

·
4,491 Posts
KingOf Cheese is 100% correct, this list is a decent sounding list, but definately not a winning list. Deepstriking Terminators is a horrible idea. It is unpredictable when your terminators will get on the field. i know from experience that terminators deepstriking is a terrible idea. Sorcerers are cool but not as reliable as daemon princes, thats my oppinion. Oblits are really only super good in bulk, like 9. i will never not roll 9 oblits, they just suck in low numbers. but yea i personally like taking havocs with lascannons 4 in a 5 man squad. but for a 1500 point game vindicators are more of a threat. People like me run a list like this.
alright thats 745 points, you have 755 points left to spend. Id suggest 2 10 man squads of plague marines, and maybe a squad of infiltrating with 5 plasmaguns. Chosen are great for objectives. you infiltrate on the objectives and kill anything that tries to take it. but yea thats a 1500 point power game list. When you get to 2500 points you have a bit more space to explore with chaos list. but id suggest a linbreaker squad for 1500 with lash princes.
You just summed up my list.
I run...
2 Lash Princes
3 units of 6 Plaguemarines with 2 Melta, Champ with Combi-Melta and Power Fist, plus Rhinos.
3 Vindi's with DP.

As i said in another thread, i probably played 100 games with it, only lost 1, and only drew 1.
Its not a list id advise to play in friendly games though. People will hate you for it.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
You just summed up my list.
I run...
2 Lash Princes
3 units of 6 Plaguemarines with 2 Melta, Champ with Combi-Melta and Power Fist, plus Rhinos.
3 Vindi's with DP.

As i said in another thread, i probably played 100 games with it, only lost 1, and only drew 1.
Its not a list id advise to play in friendly games though. People will hate you for it.
yea people hated me until we moved to 2500 point games. nothings change i still whip their asses, they just dont complain about vindicators as much since i dont take them.

·
4,491 Posts
yea people hated me until we moved to 2500 point games. nothings change i still whip their asses, they just dont complain about vindicators as much since i dont take them.
The list is perfect for 1500.
The 745 points for 2x Prince 3x Vindi at 1500 still leaves enough for 3 solid troop choices.
As you increase the points to around 1750/1850, its still good but the opponent will have a bit of extra anti-tank to threaten your Vindi's.
Up around 2000, and the effectiveness starts to drop. Running 9 Obliterators are more effective at this points level as you still have enough points for your solid troop choices.
Go any lower than 1500, and your lacking badly in troops.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
The list is perfect for 1500.
The 745 points for 2x Prince 3x Vindi at 1500 still leaves enough for 3 solid troop choices.
As you increase the points to around 1750/1850, its still good but the opponent will have a bit of extra anti-tank to threaten your Vindi's.
Up around 2000, and the effectiveness starts to drop. Running 9 Obliterators are more effective at this points level as you still have enough points for your solid troop choices.
Go any lower than 1500, and your lacking badly in troops.
yea i just found that past 1500 points you start seeing more Anti tank like you said. I hate losing Heavy support models easily, thats why i take Havocs. And Chosen, and Noise Marines with Blast masters so they can still kill troops and kill transports. plus they are troops. but yea the vindis i agree start losing durability past 1750-1850

1 - 9 of 9 Posts