Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you were fielding a force with two detachments, and those two detachments were from separate armies with different Strategy Ratings, how would you work that situation out?

Would you make all strategy rolls using the lowest of the two ratings, or would you have each detachment roll separately? Or something else?

-----

As a secondary question, are there any rules against fielding a two-detachment force made up of separate armies? The rulebook says it's fine to field two (or more detachments), but doesn't really say whether it's okay if they're from separate armies. I assume it is (and anything goes, with permission, in friendly games, obviously), but just asking out of interest.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nightmarine said:
ex. no nid's going with IG or Dark Eldar going with Witch Hunters, it makes no sence,
What about my own favourite army, the Genestealer Cult? An all-Genestealer Tyranid force coupled with IG/Traitors would mimic that, and it would make perfect sense in terms of fluff.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I'd argue that since they have a 100% official 3rd Ed list, Cults are still technically valid, if unsupported. :wink:

The Cult Codex gives a strategy rating of 1D6-1, but if I were to field a Tyranid/Traitor dual detachment list, I'd guess an average is fair. That said, since it's a weird list, I'd be happy to take a hit on stuff like strategy rolls.

Thanks all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts