Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you feel that there are any, we'll say 'competitive,' lists that vanilla marines can do better than Blood Angels or Space Wolves?

·
Registered
488 Posts
As far as I know, they can do everything better except for the Deathwing and Ravenwing setups.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I don't think so. I played Vanilla after moving from Eldar, and then I tried out blood. I officially made the move when I discoved that I could transfer my mobile gun-line army from vanilla to blood and, keeping the same amount of troop units, gain a signifcant amount of firepower.
Thats when I made the move. When blood could even do mounted gun lines with more firepower and mobility (and I think they were already better and most other lists), I saw no reason to stay vanilla (except now I have to re-paint all my guys)

The only thing I think vanilla is better at is specialty lists, were you use a character to make you bikes count as troops, or your veterans to count as scoring, or the salamander guy in a flamer/melta army.

·
Registered
159 Posts
at 2000+ I hate playing the lysander/2 land raider/whack-a-mole army.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Codex marines can do neumerous armies better, than their counterparts, the 3 codices all work in different ways. That and they have the cheapest th/ss termis and the best psychic powers imo Nullzone > all

1 - 9 of 9 Posts