Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone I know that plays 40k rave about the vanguard vets so I'm looking into them. First should I get them or are they a waste I time. Secondly if I get them would should I equip them with?? They are going to have jump packs so raven guard chapter tactics obviously.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Personally I don't like then they're to expensive for what they do and are almost always inferior to Sternguard. Vanguard with jump packs are ten points less than a same strength Sternguard squad and have one extra attack in close combat plus heroic intervention but that's meh, Sternguard get their special ammunition much better options much more versatility and benefit more from chapter tactics, if your playing competitively then Ultramarines tactics are usually best and Sternguard can deal with a load of other situations than vanguard while only being slightly worse in combat.
I run then with tigerius with divination which means that combined with his warlord trait they almost always reroll misses which when combined with poisoned rounds can deal with almost anything.

CS

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
unfortunatlly they are just WAAAAAY too expensive..i like the models..but games wise i never use them.
if you are building a killing unit yes they probably;y will do well but your going to have to drop some serious points on them.
i am not a person to say never take them..i feel they just need some reall thought and tactics behind them so your not just throwing points away.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was asking at my club and I've gathered jump packs 4 power weapons 2 plasma 2 grav pistol and the sergeant has a relic blade and storm shield

1 - 5 of 5 Posts