Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys.

Got a question.
i was updating my army list pointcost etc.. from the 4th edition codex to the new 5th edition codex.
In the 4th edition I bought the Space Marines Veterans MK1.
So in the 5th codex what are they, Vanguard Veterans or Sternguard Veterans? and what's the difference in playing styles? Haven't got any experience in them so far.

Greetz Fireflies

·
Super Moderator
5,719 Posts
If you bought Veterans models without Jump Packs then they can be used as Sternguard. They are the more shooty of the Veterans with ammo for any occasion.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Vanguard technically don't have jumppacks either, they have to be purchased but then again imo vanguard vets without jumppacks is utterly useless

·
Bleh
3,785 Posts
If you bought Veterans models without Jump Packs then they can be used as Sternguard. They are the more shooty of the Veterans with ammo for any occasion.
I think he means the old Close Combat Vets. The ones with the TL Lightning claws :). The would be more likely to be a squad of Vanguard with the new codex, I have a squad, and never actually tried them with the new rules...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those are the Veterans i have indeed.
I don't have any jump packs on them.. guess i have to give them a Rhino transport to deploy them fast over the battlefield, because other than that they would be less usefull on foot.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts