Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Uverons Iron Warriors.

11682 Views 122 Replies 24 Participants Last post by  Einherjar667
I have decided to start a new Plog, to mark the start of my new project!

Last Month I picked up the new Forge-world book IA:13, and finaly finished the reading the Iron Warriors Omnibus. This brewed in my brain for a few weeks then I decided that I was going to start re-painting my Chaos Spacemarine army to form a Grand Company of the Iron Warriors.

At this point the plan is quite simple..

By the end of 2015 I want at least 3000pts of Iron Warriors (and Traitor Guard) fully painted.
I also want to have built a display board and have entered the 'Army's of Parade' competition.

I have a few other goals, but we will see how that goes.

Now from Jan 1st to the end of May my local GW store has a Escalation league running, so for the next 6 months I shall focus on painting up the army itself and then move on the display board.
1 - 3 of 123 Posts
These are looking good. I'm not sure if it's the lighting but they seem a bit dark/dingy, with not quite enough contrast.

If you're building new Iron Warriors, there's an eBay seller with a custom conversion kit which is pretty sweet.

Warriors of Iron conversion kit.

I have one of these sets waiting in the wings for when I have more time.
Making good progress!
@Uveron that looks good. I think you've thoughtfully addressed all the parts. It seems like something is missing though, but I'm but quite sure what.

It might just be contrast. It doesn't look like anything there is really bright or dark. So my eye sees the silhouette quickly, but this makes it harder for my eye to separate the surface details.
1 - 3 of 123 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.