Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some feedback on this guy, gents. I will be painting at least 60 of his mates over the coming months, and want to know what people think.

I based it with AP army green, did the webbing and gators in grey-green, washed with that miracle stuff, Devlan mud/Agrax earthshade, then dry brushed and washed up to the highlights. All told, excluding drying time for the washes, he took about 20 minutes. I'm kinda thinking there isn't much contrast between the webbing and uniform, but there really wouldn't have been in reality, so I think I can get over it. Besides, when I get to doing the camo on the cloth helmet covers it should make the models pop a little more. It's quick, and I think it looks ok from 3 feet. Thoughts?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Twenty minutes is excellent dude and the colours are bang on. 60 of those chaps at three feet will look ace. There is enough contrast between the drab and the webbing to keep it real worldly.

I have been painting my first BA stuff this week and Agrax Earthshade has been a definite help.

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been painting my first BA stuff this week and Agrax Earthshade has been a definite help.
In recent times, with all the FoW and BA stuff I've been painting, I have come to the conclusion that God has sent this stuff to Earth wrapped in the wings of angels especially to make mediocre painters feel good about themselves.

Get some pics of those minis up, man. Always good to see stuff from other systems on here.

·
Registered
409 Posts
In recent times, with all the FoW and BA stuff I've been painting, I have come to the conclusion that God has sent this stuff to Earth wrapped in the wings of angels especially to make mediocre painters feel good about themselves.

Get some pics of those minis up, man. Always good to see stuff from other systems on here.
Word. I have been painting late war British using Vallejo English Uniform and Khaki. Looks diabolical until the application of Earthshade and then it......just works. Hard to explain.

Will do in the coming days. Since buying the minis and the rulebook, this is definitely my game of choice moving forward.

·
Closet Dictator
3,428 Posts
Your speedy painting as always is impressive, I think your marine looks really well mate, the webbing especially so, the old canvas webbing getting thrown about and reused would fade out and contrast against the combats and once you do the camo helmet cover the model will really pop, I'd rep you on another excellent job but got to spread the love first

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Looks great to me.
On an off note, have you tried mixing up a batch of your own Agrax? I still have a ton of it left over from the last time I made it. If you use a lot of it, it's a great way to get a bunch.

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, I think I'll go with this so. Speed has become
One of my biggest priorities lately when picking a scheme, so if it looks good enough and is quick to do, that's the scheme for me.
Looks great to me.
On an off note, have you tried mixing up a batch of your own Agrax? I still have a ton of it left over from the last time I made it. If you use a lot of it, it's a great way to get a bunch.
I never got around to giving it a go. I bought two or three pots if Devlan mud back before they changed the range, and am still using them at the moment.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts