Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Heretics, first Thread in a long time now from MidnightSun.

After recently starting a Dark Angels army I have looked through there Codex. I was rather surprised at the lack of Land Speeder Storms, Ironclads, Sternguard :)shok:) and Land Raider Crusaders. I also, however, noticed the enticing model and rules for Sammael (On his Jetbike) and Belial (Terminator troop choices... mmm...). Is it possible for me to use the rules for the SCs from Codex: DA and the rest of the stuff from Codex: SM? Should I just use the rules from Codex: SM and use 'Counts As' for Belial and Sammael (I've no idea how to recreate the latter but I'm thinking along the lines of Master of the Deathwing model *counts as* Lysander. Possible?

Any advice on collecting them would also be a great help.

Midnight

·
Grey Knight Converter
2,169 Posts
No, you are pretty much stuck using the one codex with all of its positives and negatives. However, if its just a friendly game, you can always ask and hope your opponent lets you, but it not something that should be expected.

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for the quick replies!

I think I might use the standard Marine Codex because of the extra units. Special Characters would be good but I suppose I can use Belial as Lysander (I don't think that makes sense since they have completely different weapon configs, but apart from a Terminator Captain I see no other way to incorporate the Deathwing lord into my force.). I plan on a Terminator Chaplain (who will be my Commander in smaller games) running with 5 Assault Terminators, a fire support Terminator squad with Assault Cannon, Cyclone and storm bolters. Add some Tactical squads and Sternguard squads in Drop Pods (With Locator Beacons) and perhaps Assault Marines in for good measure.

Midnight

EDIT: You may have guessed that it's a deep strike force

1 - 4 of 4 Posts