Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Irn Bru 32!
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody. Since I am starting a pre heresy emp children army I was wanting to learn how to make my bases look nice and cool. I've seen people use cork countless times and I think it looks great, so I was wondering if anyone could recommend a type of corkboard that is used by you or others?.

Thanks people.

Regards, Bryan.:grin:

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I just use sealed corked tiles that I got from Homebase. You don't need anything fancy or high quality because on the bases they do the same sort of thing, I think mine were £9? Then just rips bits off and stick them on the bases (make sure the smooth side is stuck down)

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
I think I can count on the fingers of one hand the amount of times I've bought either, parents, flatmates and friends keep me well supplied. Failing that ask at a local restaurant for a few.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
If you have a model train shop nearby they will probably have cork mats by the truckload. They might be willing to sell you some offcuts pretty cheap.

·
Registered
44 Posts
No black and white marble for your bases? Fulgrim would be disappointed...

In the US, craft stores and Walmart sell squares of cork in various sizes. Idk if they have those in the UK. I also like using bark mulch to break up the flatness of just using cork. I'm pretty sure you can also buy tubs of cork bits at various sizes online, but I've always been a bit more hands on with my basing. Good luck sir!

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
I think I can count on the fingers of one hand the amount of times I've bought either, parents, flatmates and friends keep me well supplied. Failing that ask at a local restaurant for a few.

Just start asking around for corks, people that drink will give them to you. Otherwise hit up a local bar for a few corks. I work in a tapas bar and on a friday or saturday we open a bunch of bottles of wine. Other than that cork tiles are easy to find at home supply stores, school supply stores, craft stores (some sell bags of corks too.)

But hit up friends, family and face book first most people will give you corks or cork tiles that are just laying around.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I get mine from Michael's which is a crafts store (not sure if it exists in the north or in EU). Something to note about Cork is that it eats paint so it takes a thick main coat and after that i recommend drybrushing to "highlight" it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts