Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i mentioned i had some pics i'd already done that might come in handy at a later date (all sorts)
and squeek surgested i open a thread to store them on ..
(so blame him ) :grin:

squeek,
this might end up picture heavy so any pics you know you won't need just delete .....
wood elves

salior

skaven

snow dwarve

slayer

undead

vampire

horse shamen

why the long face

gnomes

dragon rider

pencil sketches
beastie a

beastie b

----------------------------------

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
but the majority of them are not really suitable for the project
no problem sqeek,it was a long shot ,in the dark,
i now have a better idea of what you want :wink:

Mate, prolific doesn't even come close really does it?
:biggrin::biggrin:..some are new,some are old ,i'm just trawling through my photobucket account ,i didn't realise how many albums i had...more to follow:wink:

·
Registered
0 Posts
Your f'ini doodles are better then if I would try.... *sob* Soooo how long does it take you to do a piece of art?

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Your f'ini doodles are better then if I would try...
art is like training your muscles the more you train the better you get ,,and i've been doing this for decades and i'm still learning andchasing the perfect picture djinn24:wink:

Soooo how long does it take you to do a piece of art?

it depends if reality= work, wife or family leave me alone...but it's hard to say ,i might have to practice for days to get some thing right before i start but ,if i'm in my "comfort zone" and know what i'm doing i might take a day to sketch and then could do about two or three in a day as i normally paint more than one at a time because i don't want to waste any paint :biggrin:,but that only happens when i get my teeth into some thing ,it's like when you buy that brand new box of termies and can't wait to get home and start on them sort of thingy :good:..
and thanks again for taking an interest in my work djinn24:victory:

·
Must keep painting....
2,977 Posts
i don't expect to get it right first time but ,this the sort of thing squeek?
Those are definitely closer to the sort of drawing we need for the project. Composition wise it would help if the shield was separate as it obscures too much of the model, I think. LVix's concept sketch is a good reference for a layout that allows alot more of the model to be seen.

I particularly like the skellie and the sneaky way you put Juddski in there... :biggrin: They are certainly useful starting points, we will need more 'texture' (for want of a better word) on the finished images. That is to say, more segments to be coloured and definition of the individual features, though without shading. I realise that is asking a lot, as you may not even understand what I am trying to say (trying being the important word there! :p).

I will look at reorganising the sub-forum so we have some WIP threads and so on.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

I think. LVix's concept sketch is a good reference for a layout that allows alot more of the model to be seen.
LVix's did that :shok:,sorry i didn't realise excellent jobbee :good:..i'll use that as refernce

I particularly like the skellie and the sneaky way you put Juddski in there
if i can ,i will :biggrin:

as you may not even understand what I am trying to say
er..no ,sorry .you lost me there on the last bit squeek:cray:....do you want more of a sketchy feel to it?

I will look at reorganising the sub-forum so we have some WIP threads and so on
:good:

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
quickie

some thing like this ?..
the trouble i was having is that i wasn't sure how much detail to put in ,but now i think i know ?..er maybe

·
Must keep painting....
2,977 Posts
That is certainly more like the sort of thing we are aiming for. I have asked LVix to help me create a brief for all the artists, as I think she might be better at explaining it than me, so hopefully that will answer a few questions when we have it written up.

Just a few points though, initially we are trying to concentrate on the choices mentioned in the core choices thread in this sub-forum, so the Orc and Goblin choice would be an Orc Warrior, rather than a Night Goblin. Just to save you too much effort :)

Also, detail-wise we are aiming to have all of the details you would find on a model so sticking with your example of the Night Goblin for a moment, most of the detail is already there, a few extras might be the belt with the moon belt buckle, the cords of the belt that dangle down the robe at the front and some of the models having a triangle of scale mail showing at the bottom of the robe.

The idea being that all of what you would see on a model is there on the final version of the army painter, so a random Orc and Goblin player can pick up a model and will see an accurate reproduction in our Army Painter. They would then be able to colour it and so on, print it out and have that exact paint scheme on their model if they wanted to.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
so the Orc and Goblin choice would be an Orc Warrior, rather than a Night Goblin. Just to save you too much effort
so less specific ,more generic?

I have asked LVix to help me create a brief for all the artists,
excellent

chaos dwarve type chappie

·
Must keep painting....
2,977 Posts
so less specific ,more generic?
Not generic really; we have drawn up a list of the models that best represent the various armies (in that link above) as with the example of the Orc Warrior (Orc Boy, if you prefer, but it says 'warrior' on the GW boxes) compared to the Night Goblin Spearman, more people are likely to want to experiment with the colour scheme for the Orc, rather than the Gobbo.

So to make the project more useful when it is first released we wanted to concentrate on the models that are likely to be most useful to each army.

The sketches that you have produced so far are definitely useful starting points, but for the final versions the anatomy of the figure and all of the items worn and carried need to be very close to those found on a model, or the painter wont be as useful since it will be difficult to reproduce the paint scheme on the actual model, if you see what I mean?

Sorry to be a nuisance, hopefully we can get a brief written up that will cut down on any more confusion, that said your efforts are very much appreciated! :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts