Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I`m working on a series of urban buildings, using a variety of wall textures and window styles. The big thing I`m going for is full playability of the insides, so I`m making them modular, stacking like a series of individual layers, making it easy to access figures inside. I`ve only gone up two levels so far, and dont think more than a four storey building is going to be practical, but thats still ok with me.
The second floor will be a wood plank textures floor, with the roof (which will sit on the white blocks on the second floor) being `tar and gravel`.
The ground floor I`m still not sure of. I`m thinking grey, like poured concrete, patterned brickwork or more wood planking.
The area around the building would be a nice place to lay some sidewalk material, but thats another work in progress.
These are the first moldings, and have the failings of being cut by hand, as opposed to by my new table saw, so the joints were hard to get perfectly square.
At any rate, I`d love some feedback and ideas on this so far.
If anybody knows of some good places to buy sci fi bitz to throw in on some new panels, I`d love to get hold of some.

Visit My Website

·
Registered
22 Posts
try armour cast for the sci fi bits if you want mate, if yourin the uk wayland games supply them too. GL loving the building but i not a gr8 fan for 4 storeys that are that high would becom bit impractical for me to play really, althought very fun if you have the space to store it and time to paly and work it out, even better with city fight codex :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll probably go with a brown basecoat with a tan drybrush next time. the actual colouring is more red than pink, but I think the brown would look nicer. Maybe add a thin wash of brick red at the end.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You know, you'd think that brick red would do it wouldn't you! Apparently its more like brick dark pink when it comes off in photos.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts