Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just hoping for abit of feedback on my Urak-Hai infantry force.
Not really looking for cheese, just a light army to have fun with.

Lurtz
Urak-Hai Captain w/ Heavy Armour, shield, bow.
Urak-Hai Warrior w/ Banner.

Evil Warriors w/ Bows x4
Urak-Hai warriors w/ shield x20
Urak-hai warriors w/ pike x10.

pts 499

Was also thinking of dropping some of the captains wargear to get a Warg rider. Still very new to the game so I'm sure my list was a few flaws/errors in it.

Cheers,
Nick_dog.:grin::grin::grin:

·
Registered
632 Posts
Hi there
Your list seems pretty good at mo to have fun with but if you want to go comp with it, i would suggest droping the bow from your captain as his strength lies in CC, also drop the 4 evil warriors with bows and the banner bearer, then use the spare points to get some uruk with crossbows or evan some warg riders to add punch to your army. But it is a good starting list for a fun game and there is lots of things you can do to expand on it.

Hope that helps look forward to your thoughts back.

·
Registered
632 Posts
The other option you could always try is to replace the evil warriors with bows, with a warg rider carrying a banner to give you that extra freedom of movment and get the benefits from the banner where its needed. Also the banner bearer would actually be able to fight well, unlike non-mounted warriors.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Another thing you could consider is replacing 10 of the Uruks with Shield for another 10 Uruk-Hai equipped with pikes. This gives you a decent sized phalanx to work with then, always a sturdy formation. You'll just need to watch your flanks from cavalry and be careful of bowfire, but with your high defence bowfire shouldn't be as much of a threat.

I'd definitely get rid of the Captains Bow and the Evil Warriors w/bow thought. Use those points to get something more helpful, 5 bows in an army isn't much use at all to be honest.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Lurtz
Urak-Hai Captain w/ Heavy Armour, shield, bow.
Urak-Hai Warrior w/ Banner.

Evil Warriors w/ Bows x4
Urak-Hai warriors w/ shield x20
Urak-hai warriors w/ pike x10.

pts 499

You could try somthing like this:

Lurtz
Uruk-Hai captain w/Heavy armour, Shield
10x uruks w/shields
20x uruks w/pikes
3x warg riders w/Throwing spears
1x warg rider w/Banner

Pts 499

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
That's a better list but I'm not too keen on small groups of cavalry, they're easy targets for bowfire and with such a small number of them, could get torn apart quite quickly. Though it's fine if you're enemy have no bows.

·
Registered
632 Posts
If you are worried about archers like Red said, you could always go with this list, its got a better defense than having wargs but not as much punch in combat.

Lurtz
Uruk-Hai captain w/Heavy armour, Shield
12x uruks w/shields
22x uruks w/pikes
1x Uruk-Hai w/Banner

Pts-499

The extra Uruk-Hai can act as a rear-guard to protect the banner bearer from incoming arrows or flankers.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Xbows cannot move then shoot, so they are pretty limited with what they can do, yes they are powerful but a clever enemy will get past your lines to charge them, they become pretty shite if this happens. Bows however, can atleast fall back and then shoot at the encroaching danger.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
I prefer Crossbows to regular bows with Uruk-Hai.

Yes they cannot move and shoot but the superior power of them in my opinion makes it worthwhile. Plus a good gamer will be able to counteract any moves to get past your force. And even then, being Uruk-Hai they still have decent strength and defense.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts