Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mainly based on my previous list but now with added Space Clowns replacing my Banshees and double Shuriken Cannons replacing the T-L EML. It's sort of a mix of my previous list and Anathema's notorious GT list, should be giving It a playtest next week against a local BA player.....
Any comments?
Cheers,
LongBeard

HQ
Farseer: Jetbike, Spear, Runes Of Warding, Mind War
(123pts)

TROOPS
10 x Dire Avengers
Exarch: Extra Catapult, Bladestorm
Waveserpant: T-L Bright Lance, Spirit Stones, Vectored Engines
(317pts)

TROOPS
6 x Pathfinders
(144pts)

ELITES
6 x Fire Dragons
Waveserpant: T-L Shuriken Cannons, Extra Shuriken Cannon, Spirit Stones, Vectored Engines
(236pts)

ELITES
6 x Harlequins: 6 x Kisses, Shadowseer
(162pts)

HEAVY SUPPORT
Fire Prism: Shuriken Cannon, Spirit Stones, Holofield
(170pts)

HEAVY SUPPORT
Fire Prism: Shuriken Cannon, Spirit Stones, Holofield
(170pts)

HEAVY SUPPORT
Falcon: Shuriken Cannons x 2, Spirit Stones, Holofield
(175pts)

1497pts

·
Registered
221 Posts
The only thing I'm worried about is that there are two units on the table that aren't in a vehicle. That might be hazardous. Otherwise, cheers. Looks good.

·
Registered
28 Posts
ok the one thing that kinda bothers me is ur payin 4 a serpent for ur dragons when u could throw um in the falcon and use the wave serpent for the pathfinders. Otherwise Good on ya.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Farseer Ryan said:
ok the one thing that kinda bothers me is ur payin 4 a serpent for ur dragons when u could throw um in the falcon and use the wave serpent for the pathfinders. Otherwise Good on ya.
The falcon is to deliver space clowns and i'm pretty sure pathfinders can't have/ don't need a wave serpent.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I would highly recommend not using the Falcon to cart the Harlies around. You can't assault out of a Falcon, and a turn where the Harlies can't assault is a turn where they're going to get shot to pieces.

They're fast enough as is.

·
Registered
14 Posts
You're totally wrong mate !
First turn move Falcon 12 inches or turbo boost...as you wish !
Turn 2 disembark, move, shoot and assault before the Falcon makes his movement and believe me....no one can stand their assault. I wiped out half an Iron Warriors army with a unit of 6 Space Clowns !!!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Tithlanir is correct, you can move shoot and assault if the transport hasn't moved before you disembark. I've also found them going through IW gunlines like a Vindaloo through your bowels.

·
Slave to Heresy!
8,803 Posts
I faced my first ever Space Clowns this week. The first 8 went down to a couple of speeders. The next 8 took a beating off the Death Company, I assaulted them in cover and managed to fluke it. He rolled 16 dice and didn't get a single rend before the mental marines gave em a good kicking.

They are nasty though, I managed an 11 to spot so I kinda fluked my way there :mrgreen:

·
Registered
333 Posts
jigplums said:
Did the DP standing behind the Gunlines not have something to say about that, or was he already toasted?
In a couple of cases he was too far away and was killed by other means, in one game he tore them a new one and in the other both Speed Lieutenant and Stature flight boy took a whole lot of rending to the face in two combat phases. DP's don't really want to go toe to toe with them as they have higher or the same I, comparable WS, 3 attacks each and Rending.

DP's now have also to watch out for insta-kill linked prism shots from across the board, not to mention mobile Autarchs doing them over on the charge so can't get too exposed.

The first 8 went down to a couple of speeders.
Thats why the Falcon delivery system is so useful, you don't have to worry about that.

·
Registered
131 Posts
For clowns in the open you need a farseer and a death jester. Shuriken cannon really helps keep those speeders away. Sitting in 4 + cover pinging anything that comes close with a 4+ rerollable cover save and veil of tears + 2 shots from shuriken pistols will end speeders really quickly.

I think for harlies not in a falcon you neeed to be patient or opportunistic but the rewards will generally pay off.

·
Registered
221 Posts
anathema said:
Tithlanir is correct, you can move shoot and assault if the transport hasn't moved before you disembark. I've also found them going through IW gunlines like a Vindaloo through your bowels.

Page 62 of the Rulebook is as follows:

"If the vehicle has not yet moved then the passengers may move as normal after disembarking..."

continued down the page

"After disembarking, models may shoot (counting as moving) but may not assault unless the vehicle has "open-topped" noted in its profile.."

Falcons are not open topped.

Big huge edit:

I completely read the post wrong, my bad. Case still stands, I'd rather not have a Falcon sit out in the open without moving for a turn.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Falcon can move as normal after the troops get out, it just has to not move BEFORE they get out, so there's no real downside.

·
Registered
137 Posts
anathema said:
Falcon can move as normal after the troops get out, it just has to not move BEFORE they get out, so there's no real downside.
Just remember you have to move the harlies before you move the falcon as you complete the movement for one unit before moving onto the next.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
2 prisms + falcon + clowns is pretty much standard template at the moment. When the new models come out i expect we'll be seeing even more not just from the vet players who have some kicking about and the guys that can be arse to mail order the ones with kisses.

Walking they work best as a counter charge unit, rather than a run headlong at the enemy and hope he cant respond unit. The one bad thing about harlequins is that there so good they have made Banshee's pretty much useless as they do everything they do better.

·
Registered
81 Posts
stompzilla said:
I think for harlies not in a falcon you need to be patient or opportunistic but the rewards will generally pay off.
I could not agree more, I have played around with both the harlie-falcon combo and footslogging harlies. You have to play the harlies on foot much more defensively, what I usually do is try and sit them on an objective and force my opponent to try and dislodge them.

Also I have found that a death jester is a great addition for a footslogging harlie unit, he adds another dimension to the unit making them more flexible without greatly reducing the units combat potential.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts