Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my updated for 6ed 1000pt and 1500pt lists for my Harlequin army. Comments and Criticism is always welcome.

First is the 1000pt list:
HQ (225pts)
Solitaire - Autarch w/ Mask of the Laughing God, Fusion Rifle, and Power Weapon
Warlock Council - 2 Warlocks, 1 on bike, 1 on foot w/ spear
Elite (236 pts)
Harlequin Troupe - Troupe Master (PW), Spirit Seer, Death Jester, 3xKiss, 2xFusion
Troop (221 pts)
Jetbike Squad - 2xTwin Linked, 1xCannon
Rangers - 5 man
Storm Guardians - 10xCCW, 2xFlamer
Fast Attack (60 pts)
Vyper - Scatter Laser
Heavy Support (254 pts)
Dark Reapers - 3xReaper w/Starshot
Wraithlord - 1xStar Cannon, 2xFlamer
Total Cost: 996

1000 Notes: I am pretty happy with this list, it is battle tested and the points restructuring under 6ed has allowed me to sneak in the Vyper. The Solitaire is a much fluffier HQ than the Farseer I used to use and he is remarkably survivable and with the FG and PW is a threat to vehicles and infantry alike.

Here is the 1500pt list:
HQ (420)
Maugan Ra
Solitaire - Autarch MoLG, FG, PW
Warlock Council - 1xBike, 1xFoot /w Spear
Elite (514)
Master Harlequin Troupe - Troupe Master (PW), Shadowseer, Death Jester, 2xFusion, 3xKiss, 2xCCW
Strike Harlequin Troupe - Troupe Master (PW), Shadowseer, Death Jester, 2x Fusion, 4xCCW
Troops (251)
Guardian Jetbike - 2xTwin Linked, 1xCannon
Storm Guardians - 6xCCW, 2xFlamer, 2xPW
Rangers - 5man
Fast Attack (60)
Vyper - Scatter Laser
Heavy (254)
Dark Reapers - 3xReaper w/ Starshot
Wraithlord - 1xStarcannon, 2xFlamer
Total Cost: 1499

1500 Notes: This list is built around the models that I own and have painted and ready to go. It has a few glaring weaknesses (no dedicated anti-air), but it has worked well in the past. The new 6ed changes have allowed me to up the second harlie squad to 9 and then add upgrades to my other squads. Maugan Ra is a beast and I have kept the Solitaire.

General Notes: Through 6th edition play I have found these lists to be highly playable and overall the new additions to Eldar have increased the lethality and mobility of the army. However, the loss of Shrouded and Stealth to the Harlequins is a blow as it makes them more vulnerable to overwatch, close range fire, and first turn shooting. The boosts to the Storm Guardian's statline means that the primaris power is a bonus and that enhance is no longer a "required" power to make them dangerous in CC.
General playstyle for the army is pretty flexible, but in general the bikes and the Vyper move up the flanks while the long range firebase of the Wraithlord, Dark Reapers, and Rangers concentrate firepower to cover the advancing Harlequin and storm guardian squads. Storm Guardians take midfield objectives while the bikes shoot for last turn linebreaker and enemy objectives.

Let me know what you think and what you would update or change and keep the fluff of the harlequin army.

·
Autarch of Heresy
886 Posts
I don't like the Storm Guardians in the first list, but that is more preference than anything, if they work with it then they should stay.

Also the Autarchs should have a Jetbike, the Jink save is lowered to a 2+ with re-roll. Obviously if he takes a Jetbike he should have a Laser Lance.

Since the Harlies don't have battle focus I wouldn't stick the Death jester in them. He is basically a waste.

The Troop Master should have a Power Lance, as he will be Str 5 on the charge at AP 3.

I don't feel like the Wraithlords are threatening enough with only a single Star Cannon in the 1500 list, he might do better with a Bright Lance.

Otherwise I love it

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't like the Storm Guardians in the first list, but that is more preference than anything, if they work with it then they should stay.
I have actually had very good use out of my SG at this point level. Pre-codex I would use enhance and post-codex conceal is enough. They can go toe to toe with anything but the most dedicated of assault units. The flamers help smoke out other units and provide some decent protection. If I know I am playing a high mech list, i prefer the fusion guns, but since they cost more in the new codex I am sticking with the flamers I think.

Also the Autarchs should have a Jetbike, the Jink save is lowered to a 2+ with re-roll. Obviously if he takes a Jetbike he should have a Laser Lance.

The Troop Master should have a Power Lance, as he will be Str 5 on the charge at AP 3.
These are good suggestions, but I am somewhat limited by my model choice. The solitaire on bike is going to be quite the beast I think and I will model one up when I get the chance.

Since the Harlies don't have battle focus I wouldn't stick the Death jester in them. He is basically a waste.
From my play experience I have been keeping the DJ in my squads for a few reasons.
1) He provides some extra S6 shooting punch to add to the Fusion pistols for light armor.
2) The pinning rule has allowed me to disrupt units and has allowed me to catch a "retreating" unit.
3) I like having the third character in the unit for challenge purposes. The DJ will often accept or issue the challenge keeping the SS safe and allowing the TL with Power Weapon to carve through the unit.
Those are just my experiences with the DJ however.

I don't feel like the Wraithlords are threatening enough with only a single Star Cannon in the 1500 list, he might do better with a Bright Lance
This is another modelling issue, my old 2ed Wraithlords are pretty statically built and not the easiest things to magnetize. I have a second metal Wraithlord model that I haven't put together and he will be getting the BL, will probably sub him in my 1500pt list for the extra Anti Vehicle firepower.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts