Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i have a 3k point game with a friend running marines and i wanted some ideas on evil and horrid things to do to him si farm i have half the list and would like some idead on the other half from all u lovers of the dark gods

so far

belakor
lord (bike,MoN,blight nades, sigil,gift and 2 power weps)
sorc (lv 2, termie, combie wep and a familar)

5x bikers (MoN, 2x meltas, claw and gift champ)
5x termies (2x dual claws, 2x combie and 1x claw, chainfist claw champ)

leaves 1547 points to spend as evily as poss plz all ideas welcome

·
So be it.
1,901 Posts
Hmmm... I kind of want to see if he will allow you to ally with DA just for the fallen :grin: But barring that, by evil do you mean fun or make him cry?

Make him cry - 6 helldrakes, like 350 cultists...
OR ally with tau (because why not) and spam riptides... and helldrakes...

Fun - ally with demons and go mass bloodletters. What do you mean they suck? Screw you internet...

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it needs to be from the chaos codex i dont have any daemons or tau and were usein 1 fc tree with +1 hq

·
Registered
432 Posts
2 squads of 20 marines with 2 flamers and combi-flamer and ccw's, MoN (or plague marines if you make your lord your warlord) helldrakes because its helldrakes (probably 2 would be sufficient) and then spam havoc squads with las cannons or auto cannons.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Make him cry - 6 helldrakes, like 350 cultists...
OR ally with tau (because why not) and spam riptides... and helldrakes...

2k+ is double foc so 6 Heldrakes. Then add BL allies, for each foc. For extra tears.

Take 8 Heldrakes - it's only 1360pts :victory:

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol i like the 2x 20 marines and 2 hell drakes with havs and 2k+ my be 2 foc but were only usein 1 so we cand do 6 drakes

·
So be it.
1,901 Posts
2k+ is double foc so 6 Heldrakes. Then add BL allies, for each foc. For extra tears.

Take 8 Heldrakes - it's only 1360pts :victory:
I'm assuming he wishes to continue their friendship, so perhaps not advised...

Why only 1 FOC?

If you have at least 30 cultists/guardsmen, bring them all. Just do it, you'll thank me later.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I'm assuming he wishes to continue their friendship, so perhaps not advised...
I think maybe he wants to be alone in the GW victory castle :grin:

i wanted some ideas on evil and horrid things to do to him si farm i have half the list and would like some idead on the other half from all u lovers of the dark gods
Personally, I'd take msu noise marines with blastmasters, a couple of vindis/heldrakes and for a laugh, a large cc squad of noise marines. With Lucius leading them. The squad looks feeble, but then pulls out a couple of doom sirens and makes the opposing marines disappear.
Or Abby and 10 Slaanesh terminators with the icon of excess so he gets fnp from the squad as well.

Abby against marines is beautiful. RE-rolling all ones...

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 foc makes it a little more tactical other than 3 hq 2 troops then like 6 helldrakes or 6 landraiders adds fun

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok what about this

belakor
lord (bike,MoN,blight and melta nades, sigil,gift and 2 power weps volw)

7x bikers (MoN, 2x meltas, volt claw and gift champ)

1x helldrake
15x raptors (MoS,2x melta, icon of excess champ with claw and gift)
35x cultists
11x 1k sons (thats 10 men 1 sorc)
5x havocs 4 auto cannons MoN
5x havocs 4 lasscannons MoN
1 forgefiend (with2 hades 1 ecto)

what u think ?

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
belakor
lord (bike,MoN,blight nades, sigil,gift and 2 power weps)

5x bikers (MoN, 2x meltas, claw and gift champ)
Give the Lord the Mark of Slaanesh instead, get rid of Gift and his Power Weapons and take a Lightning Claw and the Burning Brand of Skalathrax. Take Mark of Slaanesh and Icon of Excess on the Bikes, take off the Gift. Take the Terminator Champion stock with Power Axe.

Add 6x 5 Noise Marines with Blastmaster, no other upgrades. Then add two or three Heldrakes. Done.

Or:

belakor
Same advise with the Lord.

Gifts are poor. Termies are also sub-par.

1x helldrake
35x cultists
Raptors are bad, Thousand Sons are awful, Havocs are good, Forgefiend is mediocre, you have 15 more Cultists than you need.

Max out the Biker unit for fun and games with Be'lakor's Invisibility. All your other points should go into Obliterators, Noise Marines with Blastmasters, and Havocs with Autocannons.

Midnight

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
not bad suggestions however i dont have that many noise marines and i dont think they wil help much in this game

if this guy i running a list like he normal does lots of tac squads so the 1k sons will work i think cultists will be fodder and i was goin to use the inviz on the raptors coz 45 I5 attacks will hurt also i only have 1 helldrake

·
Registered
432 Posts
belakor

1x helldrake
35x cultists
IF you're using the raptors for their 45 I5 attacks, why not change them to warp talons? Then all your attacks are AP3 with shred and they have a 5++ save AND FnP on a 5+.

Lets be honest here, if you got 15 raptors/warp talons your 35 cultists aren't even going to be looked at if your opponent is smart, he's going to mow those mofos down like the lawn on a Sunday. Take 10 for holding an objective or line breaker (just keep them way at the back until things get messy else where) your 4 las havocs should be able to take care of a tank so you wont need melta bombs on the raptors (wont be able to have them if you take warp talons)

Also - what job will the forgefiend be playing? 8 S8 AP4 shots is cool, but against marines Ap4 is kinda gay, if you hit with all 8 you may kill 2 or 3 marines, I'd take 3 ecto cannons and give yourself the chance to wipe out an entire unit with AP2 or even drawing some fire away from your raptors/talons. Thats my 2 cents anyway. If you got any points spare, an extra level on your sorcerer won't go astray.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
very intresting i was goin for the amount of attacked over the lower but ap3 and the cultist were a very cheap blob for a flank to hold stuff up and make him put firepower into them the forgefiend is just i have never used be4 usein my mauler as 1 used for the strong attacks wont 3 ecto get alot of gets hot i might look into the

about the raptors

15 raptors 2 meltas I5 and FnP (42 attacks ap0 4 attacks ap3) with FnP
10 talons I5 (31 attacks ap3)

not sure what will work better

1 - 15 of 15 Posts