Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Well That Was Unexpected
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

I am addicted to finding new music. I swear I think I'm part Noise Marine because I discover new artists and albums, listen to them constantly, then seek newer, fresher, better songs to listen too.

Anyway, I just thought I would start a thread were we could post up some links to songs of bands that are perhaps not that well known.

The hope is that we maybe introduce each other to some cool bands and artists and get to express the Heresy Online's posters awesome tastes in music!!!

Anyway I'll start with these:

This is is a boderline well known band, but they are underrated IMO. One of my favs:

I found these guys because of the Rock Band Games and all three of their albums are great:

This final vid is of a singing comedian. I have no idea how well he is known, but no-one I know had ever heard of him:

·
Spanner in the works...
5,349 Posts
Maybe not so unknown, but definitely underrated:

The XX
The Naked and Famous
The View
Tom Vek
The Cooper Temple Clause

I'll add more when I remember :music:

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Heh! MSI are good. Been listening to there stuff for years now. Clarissa is my favourite song.

I will add:

Nocturne Deambulation.

French if i recall correctly and they describe themselves as Technical Death Metal.
No links as i am using my phone for this post but they do have a MySpazz page.

SGMAlice

·
Well That Was Unexpected
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Maybe not so unknown, but definitely underrated:

The XX
The Naked and Famous

I'll add more when I remember :music:
Oh wow, these two are actually really cool. Thanks.

I just wanted to add this song from the GTA Soundtrack, it's really, really, really good.

God I wish Radio Broker was a real music channel ... I'm such a hipster.

·
Registered
421 Posts
HA i love stephen lynch; he is v good!!!

ok a coupla bands that may or maynot be well known but i enjoy:

Viva Machine - look for yoho or futuristic dracula; v good

Prize Fighter Inferno - Claudio form Coheed & Cambria's side project, bit eclectic - try run gunner recall run

Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip - prob most well known on list - try Back from hell

Finally InSoFar - watched them coupla ears ago at plymouth uni - try the fall

hope u enjoy

·
Well That Was Unexpected
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Oh wow this thread has exceeded my wildest expectations.

So far I've found 4 cool bands:

Viva Machine
Aus Rotten
The Naked and the Famous
The XX

Awesome guys (and gals). Thanks.

Don't forget you don't have to post a band, you can just leave some feedback if you enjoyed or discovered a certain band.

If your feeling stressed just listen to this IMO (thanks Spanner94)

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
there is a band here in york called Ghost and they are truely awesome see if i can find a link to put up here

·
Making Vidya Games
2,027 Posts
Instant Suppression is a great band from Russia. Industrial/Melodic Deathmetal is what they play and you can download their album off their website for free.

·
Well That Was Unexpected
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is what I hope the American South is like. If it is I'd fit in ... or maybe not, but it would be very cool.

·
Registered
27 Posts
  • Eluveitie
  • Black Veil Brides
  • Children of Bodom
  • Dimmu Borgir
  • Suicide Silence
  • Hadouken!
  • Kill Hannah
  • Lower Than Atlantis

That'll do for now.

·
Making Vidya Games
2,027 Posts
  • Eluveitie
  • Black Veil Brides
  • Children of Bodom
  • Dimmu Borgir
  • Suicide Silence
  • Hadouken!
  • Kill Hannah
  • Lower Than Atlantis

That'll do for now.
Children of Bodom unknown? What the hell are you talking about, everyone in the metal scene knows Bodom and Dimmu Borgir and the majority of that list.

·
Well That Was Unexpected
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Children of Bodom unknown? What the hell are you talking about, everyone in the metal scene knows Bodom and Dimmu Borgir and the majority of that list.
I agree about Dimmu and Bodom, but for seem reason when I read back your comment in my head it sounds really mean lol. Its ok to post semi-popular bands by accident.

We don't mind :biggrin:.

Suicide Silence aren't bad. But I couldn't listen to them a whole lot. Small does only.

Ayumi Hamasaki is very good IMO I discovered her on Jonathan Ross' show Japanorama:

·
Curiouser and Curiouser
803 Posts
I think I stand out as one of the few Heresy members who absolutely despises metal (most genres of it anyway) so I'm going to throw out a couple of great bands here.

Simon Wilcox - She's an amazing vocalist and unfortunately I cannot even find most of her stuff on youtube but here's a link to one of my favorite songs of hers. http://new.music.yahoo.com/simon-wilcox/tracks/too-pretty--44290166

Sleigh Bells - Maybe they aren't too unknown but damn do they know how to throw down a beat. This is their most recognizable song and definitely one of their best. Check em out!

Skrillex and Bassnectar - These are probably more well-known in the dubstep community but they define the genre. Here are two of their songs that I love. If you like dub at all you have to know/get to know these bands.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Actually, not everybody does; it's idiotic to assume otherwise. Also, clearly not everybody here is into metal, so chill out.

·
Spanner in the works...
5,349 Posts
OK, more underrated bands:

The Gaslight Anthem
The Airborne Toxic Event
Jimmy Eats World
Cage the Elephant
Caesers
Jamie T
Foals
The National
The Raconteurs
The Smashing Pumpkins
Two Door Cinema Club
The Vaccines
White Lies
Wolfmother

·
Registered
27 Posts
Wolfmother and The Smashing Pumpkins have been around a long time, older generations know of them. Jimmy Eat World; I disagree, but that's my personal opinion. The Raconteurs are great. Gaslight Anthem I don't like.

·
Curiouser and Curiouser
803 Posts
OK, more underrated bands:

The Gaslight Anthem
The Airborne Toxic Event
Jimmy Eats World
Cage the Elephant
Caesers
Jamie T
Foals
The National
The Raconteurs
The Smashing Pumpkins
Two Door Cinema Club
The Vaccines
White Lies
Wolfmother
I seriously doubt those are unknown/underrated bands. The ones in green are simply the most popular and I've at least heard most of the others as well.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts