Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

My gaming group is having some debate on unit coherency. The rules say 2" between squad members, some of our group think it means only between one another, let me give an example:

The other half thinks you can line up a 10 SM tactical squad, single file to make a firing line, as long as their is 2" between each model.

My half thinks you cannot do that, as we interpret the rules as each model must have 2" inches between them, kind of like a web, other words there must be 2" out in every direction. Our theory is that if the Marines line up, then Marine #1 and Marine #10 don't have 2" between them, unless its vicariously through #2-9.

So, since its not a matter of cheating, we just need clarification for future games. If they can line up, thats amazing. It would give LoS to everyone in the squad.

·
Imperial Major
383 Posts
I believe the first example is correct. So yes you can have an SM gun line. A model doesn't need the 2" coherency to every other model in the squad. As long as its 2" to a single model in the squad its fine.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Line em up. The rule says that coherency is 2 inches between models. See page 12, they have a diagram of marines in a single file line. They also state in a FAQ (exactly which one eludes me at the moment) that you can line them up single file to capture more than one objective with only one unit. So, spread them out any way you see fit, just keep at least 2 inches between one model and another.

·
Registered
114 Posts
cant even get my mind around how to get a unit of 30 gargoyles within 2" of each other

Your first example is right... you can do whatever you want, single file, zig zag, figure 8 or any other funky thing you want as long as every model is within 2" of another one

·
Registered
111 Posts
cant even get my mind around how to get a unit of 30 gargoyles within 2" of each other

Your first example is right... you can do whatever you want, single file, zig zag, figure 8 or any other funky thing you want as long as every model is within 2" of another one
Or a my 52 model infantry group!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts