Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

81 - 100 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
@darkreever, its not really a big deal, but I didn't climb the wall, I kinda just hung back and aimed at the gate, shoulda been more clear in my post. If you would rather me on the wall(In all honesty a good place for the Heavy weapons guy), then that is fine.

·
Super Moderator
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Oh no I'm aware, as a GM you can take some control of the characters for updates (look at the portion for Theodore customers to get an idea) and leave things open enough for the actual player to fill in the details and continue.

How Dom goes from covering the gate to getting on the wall and shooting at the Orks is up to you, and his reaction to the fire, all I've done is make it clear that he gets on the wall and starts shooting.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Forgive the slightly late post, it would have been up yesterday had I not been called to help contain a "controlled" burn that, when I got there, was anything but controlled.

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
My week has been unexpectedly busy. I'll get a post up on the weekend.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
I'm still waiting on darkreever to answer a question I sent him before I can work on my post.

·
Registered
855 Posts
You guys know that we could likely get an update every weekend or so... if you post?

I mean, I know I felt bad for my post being 'late' in my eyes (just at a week from the update, but only one weekend due to the update being mid week) but I remember when we could count on a ~8 day update schedule simply because everyone posted at least the minimum (and many times more than once).

·
Super Moderator
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Right, so I don't know about some of you but I definitely think we've been waiting long enough. I know Komanko has his reasons for not posting, but The Tall One was online earlier today and Khorne's Fist hasn't been online since the end of last month.

So @Tha Tall One, @Asamodai, and @Khorne's Fist you all have until Wednesday to post; after that I will not be including you in updates (at that point your gonna have to PM me.)

·
Super Moderator
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Sorry about that Asamodai, that was just meant for KF and TTO. (There are three players missing at this time, but one of them is Komanko and I know why.)

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Not a massive problem, but to The-Tall-One and Iron-Within, I did specifically mention in my post that Alec was at the back of the group, trying to put a few bodies between him and whatever was on the other side of the door. However, in both of your posts he seems to be kicking in the door. Just be mindful in future, as I put him there for a reason.

·
visit roleplay threads!
2,259 Posts
Not a massive problem, but to The-Tall-One and Iron-Within, I did specifically mention in my post that Alec was at the back of the group, trying to put a few bodies between him and whatever was on the other side of the door. However, in both of your posts he seems to be kicking in the door. Just be mindful in future, as I put him there for a reason.
Didn't want to be the first one shot to pieces? :smoke:

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Aye pretty much. Never be the first person through the door. Never ends well.

·
Super Moderator
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Pretty good, update just went up and I'm eagerly awaiting or anticipating any questions you all might have and what you all do.

Sorry though, this was originally planned on going up on Friday but a few big events postponed that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Greetings and salutations fellow (albeit more experienced) RPrs, I just stumbled across this lovely gem of a website a couple of weeks ago and decided to create an account here once I saw the RP section. I have spent a bit of time lurking in the action thread, and I have been spurred onwards to see if I may join Unending Tide. I can totally understand if you are not willing to accommodate further players, seeing how you already have quite the band of characters. But I couldn't help but try to see if I could make a PDF Sergeant who had been dispatched to the outpost with a smaller contingent of PDF Troopers, (with them all getting killed, or at least most) and reaching the outpost. (and incidentally bringing in another wave of the Unending Tide.

·
Registered
855 Posts
First off, welcome to Heresy and the rp threads- good to see the active roleplay threads generating interest.

Secondly, Unending Tide has really just started as a story. The characters have yet to even truly have time to interact with one another as they have been spending most of their precious moments trying to stay alive so far so it is a good time for new characters to be included!

Darkreever (the gamemaster of this particular roleplay) tends to be very good at seamlessly accommodating late additions into his storyline using the 'un-named extras' that he includes in most of his works. The basic premise is that your character has been there all along, just has not been spotlighted until now- like an extra in a movie/tv series that suddenly steps forward into the action and becomes a 'named' character in the story.

This allows him not to have to alter his storyline to include new characters (he may not have plans for an immediate second ork assault) and also allows the new character to understand what is going on and be integrated into the group because, according to this premise, he/she has always been there just has been un-named until that point.

Now, this may mean he limits new additions to more of a rank and file PDF trooper, but a good gamemaster knows it is less about how heroic a character is when he/she starts and more about how he/she becomes a hero through their actions in the storyline.

If you have questions/need help with your character- don't be scared to send Darkreever a message. He doesn't bite for the most part (well, unless you earn it from your own actions like god-moding, then you might get to see how sharp his teeth are :laugh:). It might take him a day or two to get back to you (life being what it is and all) but he is one of the best gamemasters I have had the honour of playing under so believe me when I say it is well worth the wait.

·
Registered
7 Posts
First off, welcome to Heresy and the rp threads- good to see the active roleplay threads generating interest.

Secondly, Unending Tide has really just started as a story. The characters have yet to even truly have time to interact with one another as they have been spending most of their precious moments trying to stay alive so far so it is a good time for new characters to be included!

Darkreever (the gamemaster of this particular roleplay) tends to be very good at seamlessly accommodating late additions into his storyline using the 'un-named extras' that he includes in most of his works. The basic premise is that your character has been there all along, just has not been spotlighted until now- like an extra in a movie/tv series that suddenly steps forward into the action and becomes a 'named' character in the story.

This allows him not to have to alter his storyline to include new characters (he may not have plans for an immediate second ork assault) and also allows the new character to understand what is going on and be integrated into the group because, according to this premise, he/she has always been there just has been un-named until that point.

Now, this may mean he limits new additions to more of a rank and file PDF trooper, but a good gamemaster knows it is less about how heroic a character is when he/she starts and more about how he/she becomes a hero through their actions in the storyline.

If you have questions/need help with your character- don't be scared to send Darkreever a message. He doesn't bite for the most part (well, unless you earn it from your own actions like god-moding, then you might get to see how sharp his teeth are :laugh:). It might take him a day or two to get back to you (life being what it is and all) but he is one of the best gamemasters I have had the honour of playing under so believe me when I say it is well worth the wait.
Yes I have seen darkreever's skill as a GM from just the one rp alone, and I must say the title Game Master really does fit well.

I would be completely fine with being a regular trooper too, hell, it's not my place to be picky when I am coming in late. :grin: I will PM him about any sort of 'extra' features I may add along to my character (If he is willing to take on one more player).

Anyways, thank you for your assistance and swift response, and if I have any trouble with my character I won't hesitate to ask.

81 - 100 of 148 Posts