Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1749 points, Crimson Slaughter

235 - Lord w/ Daemonheart, Slaughterer's Horns, MoN, Palanquin of Nurgle, SoC, blight grenades, power fist, lightning claw (warlord)
175 - Sorc w/ spell familiar, bike, SoC, meltabombs, power axe, ML3

169 - 6x Plague Marines w/ 2x melta, champ w/ meltabombs (joined by Lord, embark in Land Raider)
263 - 7x Plague Marines w/ 2x plasma, champion w/ power fist, in a Rhino w/ dirge caster

170 - Heldrake w/ Baleflamer
134 - 4x Bikers w/ 2x melta, MoN (joined by Sorc)
108 - 3x Bikers w/ 2x melta, MoN

235 - Land Raider w/ dirge caster
135 - Vindi w/ daemonic possession
125 - Maulerfiend w/ magma cutters

Mostly an excuse to run the fully-tooled Nurgle Palanquin Lord I've been kitbashing lately. I suppose I might be better off taking a Black Legion Skull of Ker'ngar rather than the Crimson Slaughter Daemonheart+Slaughterer's Horns, for the EW and resistance to psykers... but hey, that's what the sorc is there for: hoping to roll Endurance on Biomancy...

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
cool army! the lord is so un-competitive :p
i'd just drop the vindi, put another maulerfiend and let god sort them out.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
the lord is so un-competitive
T5 W5 2+/5++ whoo! To say nothing of IWND, Furious Charge, Rage, HoW, defensive grenades, and Fisticlaws.

i'd just drop the vindi, put another maulerfiend and let god sort them out.
I would too, but unfortunately, I'm limited by model constraints. Only have the one magnetized Mauler/Forgefiend. I'm trying to fight off temptation to get a second Warsphinx and mash it up with an actual Maulerfiend kit so I have 3, total, but... this way I figure I at least have another forward-advancing, high-AV vehicle to keep pace with the others.

...Or I could ally in Nurgle Daemons for a) more Biomancy and b) a Soul Grinder, but...

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Crimson Slaughter Main Detachment

235 - Lord w/ Daemonheart, Slaughterer's Horns, MoN, Palanquin of Nurgle, SoC, blight grenades, power fist, lightning claw (warlord)
175 - Sorc w/ spell familiar, bike, SoC, meltabombs, power axe, ML3

145 - 5x Plague Marines w/ 2x melta, champ w/ meltabombs (joined by Lord, embark in Land Raider)
50 - 10x Cultists

108 - 3x Bikers w/ 2x melta, MoN (joined by Sorc)

235 - Land Raider w/ dirge caster
140 - Vindi w/ daemonic possession, combi-bolter
125 - Maulerfiend w/ magma cutters

Allied Daemons:

95 - Herald of Nurgle w/ ML2

45 - 3 Nurgling Swarms

180 - Soul Grinder of Nurgle w/ Phlegm

Oops my finger slipped. Hah, the Vindi never quite got cut...

·
Registered
268 Posts
Alright, since we're in the realm of uncompetitive, I think you'll like something I've been kicking around that is very similar.

Have you considered using the sorcerer on the palanquin instead of the lord? You're only 4 instead of 5 wounds which is not as big of a difference as 2 vs 3. You get instant death from your force weapon so you can pop other big bad characters with ease. Your psychic defense is better. And don't forget the best of all: iron arm!

The biggest problem with this setup is the lack of fearless so the obvious retinue choice of cultists is out, unless you're using the Helcult formation that is ;). Luckily your plague marines are fearless.

Chaos Sorcerer: nurgle, palanquin, daemonheart, level 3, spell familiar, force axe, power sword, horns, sigil, melta bombs - 270

Although I suppose the smart thing to do would be to just use your existing setup, have the sorcerer roll on biomancy and join the plague marine unit the turn it disembarks before casting its buffs. But you miss out on warp speed, iron arm, force and/or wound regeneration on your bloated throne of nurglyness.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmm. Plague Marines would shift to Troops, but I could get away with dumping fewer points in fisticlaws, with a sorc around waving a force weapon. I'll mock up a list on it, sure. The difference between 4 wounds and 5 and... acceptable.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I'd run the bikes in units of four, unmarked. It seems more resilient when S3 and S8+ ignores the increase in T you're paying for. If it's even comparably resilient (and I'd say it's more resilient) then the extra offensive boost of a fourth guy should settle it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts