Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I picked this up today.
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

Cthulhu, my only real want from the Bones series of minis.

And, what is the best film to watch while doing this?

Yup, Alien is as Lovecraft-ian as you can get... barring John Carpenter's The Thing.

Unboxing the big guy, he's pretty straightforward.

Body, head, base, wings, and two appendages.

Assembly is as easy as inserting his tabs into the matching location on the body.

He is nine inches tall (not exactly mini) and a great addition to any collection.

My one issue, his legs and feet do not mat h up with the position for the base. Any advice on how to fix this issue?

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
Hot water, soften the vinyl and reposition. Just make sure it's not too hot.
The Reaper website suggests boiling or near boiling.

I have straightened a number of the swords on my KS stuff and the near boiling works a treat. Soak it for a minute or so and it becomes quiet floppy. Really easy to straighten after that and it will hold it's new shape.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Good to know Magpie. When I went to reaper we talked about it but I could not remember how hot of the top of my head.

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That would make a fantastic Great Unclean One. How much was it, Jace?
Well, the hobby store bought it at had him on the shelf for $39.99 which isn't bad IMHO due to the sheer size when compared to other minis.

After reading The Call of Cthulhu, for the umpteenth time, last night I've decided that I'm going to do a project thread on him. Thus far the colour given for him is green. However, I'm not going to paint him the sort of light green that he is shown with on the product box.

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
It looks to be a really great figure. I will certainly be following this thread with interest.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts