Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am coming back after a few months and am a little confused as to what the bonus of following the FoC is. Another player said that all units are scoring only if the FoC is followed but in the Rule Book is just says all units are scoring. I have read it multiple times and still am having issues seeing the benefit of a FoC list is.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
A battle forged list gains Objective Secured troops. The only way to contest objectives controlled by a Objective Secured unit is with another Objective Secured unit.

In other words, Unbound lists would have to destroy or cause a Objective Secured unit to flee if it wanted to contest a objective that unit controlled.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
There's also the minor benefit of a Battle-Forged list's Warlord being able to reroll its Warlord Trait.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
When I have been playing Unbound lists I have almost entirely eschewed from using Troops selections. They don't benefit from Objective Secured and everything is a scoring unit, so I figure why not take more killy in that instance. This has so far shown that my Battle Forged lists have a few more Troops selections in there just in case I get stuck contesting an Objective with anything from my enemy's units.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts