Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a list I have created that focusses on having a strong Psychic Phase, while not being centred on one. I do not have the 7th edition rulebook, however I think it is legal to have two detachments with different chapter tactics in the one army.

Detachment 1: Chapter Tactics (White Scars):

HQ — Chapter Master — Artificer Armour, Storm Shield, The Burning Blade, Bike, Combi-grav — 250 Points

HQ — Kor’sarro Khan — Moondrakkan — 150 Points

Elites — 8 Sternguard Veterans — 4 Combi-meltas — 226 Points

Dedicated Transport — Rhino — 35 Points

Troops — Tactical Squad — Plasma Gun, Combi-plasma — 165 Points

Troops — 8 Bikers — 2 Grav Guns, Combi-grav, Melta Bombs — 213 Points

Detachment 2: Chapter Tactics (Ultramarines):

HQ — Chief Librarian Tigurius — 165 Points

HQ — Librarian — Mastery Level 2, Bike, Force Axe, The Primarch’s Wrath — 130 Points

Elites — 7 Sternguard Veterans — 4 Combi-gravs — 204 Points

Dedicated Transport — Drop Pod — 35 Points

Troops — Tactical Squad — Plasma Gun, Combi-plasma — 165 Points

Troops — Tactical Squad — Flamer, Combi-flamer — 155 Points

Dedicated Transport — Drop Pod — 35 Points

TOTAL: 1998 Points

I know the army does not have any anti-air, however I plan to eventually have two lists: one (this one) for when I know I am not versing fliers, and another one in the future that has anti-air. Any comments and criticism are welcome.

BTW, the list is Battle Forged.

·
Registered
Space marines ( 13th Legion/ Ultramarines chapter), tyranids, Drukhari, Custodes, SoS,
132 Posts
Your list looks fairly legal. However, you will need to lose one HQ in whatever force you decide to use as your allied detachment as there can only be one HQ in that detachment. This will give you some more points to work with in whatever way you suit fit

In terms of the list there would be a few things I would change if I wanted to make the most out of this list.

Firstly, change white scars sternguard squad for 2x 5-man bike squads with 2 melta guns a-piece. You will gain three twin linked boltguns and hammer of wrath (which is pretty cool on the charge)

Secondly, lose the burning blade unless you favour your odds in assault of escaping without losing a wound for simply holding it. The points saved could go towards a power sword and an auspex. The additional points (I work it out to 63 points in your list after the changes (not including the HQ loss)) could go to include an attack bike with multi melta. This will ruin even an imperial knights' day when within half melta range :)

However this is my personal opinion and may not go with your battle style.

Hope this helps :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts