Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Test model looks very good.

Nice idea with the commander conversion. The ultramarine symbol on the chest plate and helmet dont look defined enough and could do with a little neatening up, but overall I like it.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
The painted marine looks really nice and I think you've got your paintjob spot on with that one.

I would however agree with humakt on the note of the Ultramine symbols. Personally I think in order to fix it the rounded part at the bottom needs to be wider, and the arms that come off it on each side smaller and coming off at 90 degrees rather than the 110 degrees angle that they look to be coming off at now.

Either way great work, keep it up :)

·
Super Moderator
8,559 Posts
Good quality on the paintjob

However I see a sneaky mould line on the helmet; I suspect that it was put there by the same mould-line pixie that puts them back on my models after I have checked each piece twice under different lights, under-coated, and then base-coated.

The photograph of the commander is not crisp enough for me to risk detailed comments. However, the cloak looks promising; is the same technique as the loincloth on the painted marine?

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
However I see a sneaky mould line on the helmet; I suspect that it was put there by the same mould-line pixie that puts them back on my models after I have checked each piece twice under different lights, under-coated, and then base-coated.
I thought it was just me who got visited by the mold line pixie :laugh:

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gah bloody mould lines!
i have removed the um symbols and will either pant some on fh or resculpt.
dave t hobbit, the cloak was just a build up of gs then filed/sanded back down, the loincloth is actually off the sm commander kit

edit:more pics later :D

·
Bleh
3,785 Posts
Very nice stuff. Loving the commander conversion and the cape. Although, there is some white on the marine that looks like it might be a little thick. Simple fix really, just put it on in many thin layers :)

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
this is from a while ago but its for the um's
inquitor conversion

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
started sculpting the um symbols again :D

·