Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I have a 1000 point list I am looking to get reviewed and critiques on. Noteworthy for this list is that I am a big fan of sniper rifles and shooting in general.

Chapter Tactics (Ultra Marines)

HQ (135pts)

Captain (135pts):
Artificer Armor, Combi-weapon, Power Weapon
(Pretty standard HQ, Will go with the Sternguard)

Elites (205pts)
Sternguard Veteran Squad:
4x Veteran, 2x Combi-Flamer, 2x Combi-Melta , Rhino, Sergeant w/ Bolt Pistol and Combi-Grav
(I just got some Sternguard and can't wait to try them out. Combi options are all changeable depending on what's better, With the Captain and their 2 attacks they can go into CC if forced)

Troops (368pts)
Scout Squad (173pts)
Camo Cloaks, Missile Launcher, 7x Scouts, 6x Sniper Rifle, Sergeant Telion
(My favorites, I always have a lot of luck with Snipers and Telion really helps here, The Aegis defense line is for them (4+Cover), Telion gives them stealth (3+ Cover), Camo cloaks make a (2+ Cover)

Tactical Squad (181pts)
8x Space Marine, Meltagun, Sergeant w/ Bolter, Chainsword and Melta Bombs, Rhino w/Storm Bolter
(General Tac Squad, Rhino should get them where they need to be and the Melta has proven to be pretty handy)

Heavy Support (192pts)

Devastator Squad (192pts)
7x Space Marine, 2x Lascannon, 2x Missile Launcher, Sergeant w/Chainsword and Combi-Weapon
(My AT squad, put in some meat shield marines so I am not losing HW as soon as they take a few shots. The heavy weapons could be changed but I am unsure what would be the best choice for them)

Fortification (100pts)
Aegis Defense Line
Gun Emplacement with Quad-gun
(I just got this specifically for my scouts and Telion, The Quad-gun could easy go but by all appearances it looks like it could help)

I am looking for any and all advice about this list, I have couples games coming up next week and I'd like to make sure this list isn't going to get destroyed quickly by something.

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Aiden

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Ok, lets take a look. :)

Hey everyone! I have a 1000 point list I am looking to get reviewed and critiques on. Noteworthy for this list is that I am a big fan of sniper rifles and shooting in general. Good, 'cause Marines are great at shooting, not so much at making chicken salad.

Chapter Tactics (Ultra Marines)
Good choice in Chapter Tactics as it is changeable each turn.
HQ (135pts)

Captain (135pts):
Artificer Armor, Combi-weapon, Power Weapon
(Pretty standard HQ, Will go with the Sternguard)
Which Combi is he toting? Nice choice, the 2+ armour save is always a plus. Don't forget to utilize his Iron Halo if need be. Is the power weapon an Axe or Sword? I ask as the Axe gives a +2 to strength and the Sword is outright User.

Elites (205pts)
Sternguard Veteran Squad:
4x Veteran, 2x Combi-Flamer, 2x Combi-Melta , Rhino, Sergeant w/ Bolt Pistol and Combi-Grav
(I just got some Sternguard and can't wait to try them out. Combi options are all changeable depending on what's better, With the Captain and their 2 attacks they can go into CC if forced)
Does this unit have a transport that wasn't included? I'm not sure if Combi Flamers are a good idea as I would take Plasma over them any given day of the week.

Troops (368pts)
Scout Squad (173pts)
Camo Cloaks, Missile Launcher, 7x Scouts, 6x Sniper Rifle, Sergeant Telion
(My favorites, I always have a lot of luck with Snipers and Telion really helps here, The Aegis defense line is for them (4+Cover), Telion gives them stealth (3+ Cover), Camo cloaks make a (2+ Cover)
This set up looks nice, Telion is a good piece for Scouts. Sniper Rifles, Missiles and Cloaks are A+ selections.

Tactical Squad (181pts)
8x Space Marine, Meltagun, Sergeant w/ Bolter, Chainsword and Melta Bombs, Rhino w/Storm Bolter
(General Tac Squad, Rhino should get them where they need to be and the Melta has proven to be pretty handy)
This looks ok, I would probably take another Sniper Scout unit if you have one.Are you adding an additional Stormbolter to the Rhino?

Heavy Support (192pts)

Devastator Squad (192pts)
7x Space Marine, 2x Lascannon, 2x Missile Launcher, Sergeant w/Chainsword and Combi-Weapon
(My AT squad, put in some meat shield marines so I am not losing HW as soon as they take a few shots. The heavy weapons could be changed but I am unsure what would be the best choice for them)
I get the bit about the meat shields, good planning. Good mix of Las and Missiles, I say this because I've seen opponents get frustrated as to why the Plasma Cannon won't hit the unit the Las Cannon does since they are a bad mix of ranged weapons.

Fortification (100pts)
Aegis Defense Line
Gun Emplacement with Quad-gun
(I just got this specifically for my scouts and Telion, The Quad-gun could easy go but by all appearances it looks like it could help)
Good planning on the Scouts camping in here, Telion firing the Quad will hopefully snipe a flier or two. If not, turn it on their ground forces.

I am looking for any and all advice about this list, I have couples games coming up next week and I'd like to make sure this list isn't going to get destroyed quickly by something.
The list looks good, I think it will do well, just get the Sternguard a transport if they don't already have one. Also, consider getting the Captain a Power Axe, I know its not Ultramarine chic, but, it'll prove useful in CC.
Hope this helped :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey and thanks for the reply!

Captain- A power axe definitely seems like the best choice for him, He will likely have a Multi-Plasma since his saves should protect him from issues.

Sternguard- Yeah they are in a Rhino that'd be dangerous otherwise. I think I'll do 2 Melta, 1 Flamer, 1 Plasma and 1 Grav

Scouts- Glad that all checks out

Tactical- I've had some bad experiences with running all scouts and sadly I just don't have anywhere to get the points for a Stormbolter, There is actually 10 of them in there so I could Combat Squad them if need be.

Devestators- Glad these check out, the weapon balance had me worried.

Thanks for the comments, makes me feel much better about the list overall!

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Well, the list seems like it should preform just fine. I would only ever replace the tactical squad with another Sniper Scout squad, those guys are awesome.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts