Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Ultramarines Movie Newsletter

1K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Fleshgolem 
#1 ·
New Ultramarines movie update. A second chapter of Space Marines has been confirmed to be starring in the movie, the Imperial Fists.

UltramarinesMovieBlog said:
The captions say it all. This is material related to the Imperial Fists. That’s right, loyal citizens of the Imperium, there’s more than one chapter of Space Marines in this movie! The Ultramarines are going to cross paths with the Imperial Fists, second only to them in codex purity and staunch observance of the Astartes doctrine?

The Fists have an extraordinary reputation based upon their implacable skills at fortification and defense, and their ability to endure. Really endure. It was the Imperial Fists, under their primarch Rogal Dorn, who fortified and held the Emperor’s Palace during the Siege of Terra at the climax of The Horus Heresy. Their loyal legacy is a matter Imperial record. They are honoured and they are feared.

So what could have happened on the shrine planet, Mithron, and how are the Ultramarines’ bold brother-chapter, the Imperial Fists, involved?
So for all of you who don't want to see the Ultrasmurfs, personally I like them a lot, in their movie role perhaps the Imperial Fists will convince you to see this movie.

#2 ·
Damnit! =(
Out of all of the first founding chapters there are three which I didn't want to see in the film, two of them are in it...still cant complain cos its a freakin 40k film!!
Witness the badass that will happen!

#3 ·
Whats wrong with the Imperial Fists?, I can understand why some dont like the Ultramarines but the Fists are bad-ass. Be better if it was Black Templars or Crimson Fists but the Imperial Fists are still awesome.

#4 ·
I agree, I just like the others more, I dont hate them but they are not one of my favourite chapters mostly due to the fact that I cant take am chapter that looks like a bunch of walking bananas seriously :)
Also listen to The Lightning Tower, ALL OF THE BANANA MARINES ARE BRITISH LOL!! :)

#8 ·
I dont imagine there are a majority of people who know the fists are from terra. Its not big news unless your really into you back ground material.

Also the first army you see if you new to the hobby are ultra's, so its not really surprising the first 40k film is about them. Even so IF's are one of my favorite chapters so I am not upset int he slightest we have some puss yellow power armour in the film.

#9 ·
stupid question [and apologies if at all off topic] - is Utramarines going to get a cinematic release, or will it be a straight to dvd / blu-ray type deal?

#12 ·
as to straight to DVD or not, is up to the studios who make/produce(and in this case GW probably) whether to do so or not. often, copies of films are sent out to the cinemas, who then have a proof-viewer(for want of a better word) who watchs the film and tells the cinema company if it is worth showing and to check for errors/messages that dont fit with the cinemas image. i used to have a friend who had this job, and let me tell you its probably the best(and worst) job you can get. the best cos you get to see films before everyone else, the worst cos you have to watch stuff like bridget jones' diary lol.

#13 ·
Personaly I think The IFs and their Second Foundings are more popular than Ultrasmurfs. The Third Edition had CF as the SM Poster Children. The SM Dex now has 2 builds around IF and CF to play. The Soul Drinkers is a awsome running BL series, and my favorite chapter. The Black Templar have their own Dex along with SWs, DAs, and BAs. The Sons of Dorn are bigger than Guillimins force down your throat SMs as far as Im concern. Im glad their in this film, might be worth watching now. Might be...

#14 ·
i can't help noticing, that ALL SM-Legions originate from Terra... as the first Marines had been "bred" from genestock prior to the GC after Unification...

the IF are a bit more closely related to Terra with Dorn being Empy's fortress-architect, but aren't they stationed aboard the Palanx directly after the end of HH?

personally i get the shivers thinking about the pain-loving zealots (just think about that brother-captain removing the flesh from his hand in an acid-pool and carving his battle-brothers' names into his bones of his fingers...), but their fanatism is a good example for "good" imperial behaviour

as well as the narrowdmindedness of teh smurfs... i do like them a bit more as their "ancient greek" theme is not as questionable as the painglove-cuddling soldier of god...

on the other hand, i don't care which order is in it, it's the 40k movie i've been waiting for so many years....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.