Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI All

Having some debate over this topic and couldnt find one already on the forum. SOme people have UM with Gold trims and some with yellow.

What's everyone's take?

I much prefer the gold, but weathered yellow could look good also:victory:

·
Inquisitor
963 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried the old fashioned Sunburst Yellow first to mimic the old 3rd Edition look, but it didnt look quite as good as the Brazen Brass trim did. I recommend Brazen Brass or Shining Gold.. or Brazen Brass with a Shining Gold highlight. :grin:

Pictures not the best but heres mine with the Brazen Brass...

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=348&size=big&cat=

PIcs look cool mate, As Spitfire6 says I suppose its if you want old or new era

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
YELLOW YELLOW YELLOW YELLOW YELLOW YELLOW YELLOW YELLOW YELLOW YELLOW YELLOW YELLOW YELLOW YELLOW YELLOW YELLOW YELLOW YELLOW YELLOW YELLOW

Not Bling Marines

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
Gold and yellow are two different takes on the 2nd Company uniform, and the idea with the newest Codex was to put a different Captain in charge of the 2nd Company and have the army reflect his take on the Codex-perscribed uniform. Both are technically correct-- in fact, a yellowish tan would probably also be permissable for the 2nd Company by the Codex.

I personally like the newer uniform a bit better-- the brighter blue and yellow seemed a little too happy, for lack of a better descriptor, while the darker blue with gold banding has a more regal appearance more suited to the Astartes, I think.

Keep in mind that Ultramarines just have to be blue-- the trim is purely an indication of their Company. If you can't decide between yellow or gold, you have red, green, and black to choose from as well for the Battle Companies (3rd, 4th, and 5th, respectively); or, you could use Reserve Company colors for a slightly different twist-- the 6th Company is orange, the 7th is violet, the 8th is grey or silver, and the 9th is a deep blue.

·
Registered
275 Posts
the only difference in pad is the which comany in that chapter i really like the gold over yellow as i hated them yellow and so pleased they redid them but i think the green looks the best IMO

martin

·
Registered
64 Posts
With a nice big dollar sign on the doors.

But aside from that - gold > yellow. But then, I'm a fan of gold colours on things in general.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
i would love to see a bling marine army as a joke

make some green stuff dollar signs for doors ect

have fists of dollars instead of purity seals

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
With a terrible cheap big ugly dollar sign on the doors.
i would love to see a bling marine army as a joke

make some green stuff dollar signs for doors ect

have fists of dollars instead of purity seals
don't forget the pimp, and modded suspension, and pink cushions with black dots, and naked sisters on top

1 - 20 of 31 Posts