6,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Demi-Company
Captain Sicarius
10 Tactical Marines with Plasma Gun and Combi-Plasma in Rhino
10 Tactical Marines with Plasma Gun and Combi-Plasma in Rhino
10 Tactical Marines with Meltagun and Combi-Melta in Rhino
Attack Bike with Multi-Melta
3 Devastator Centurions with Grav-Cannons and Omniscope (Split Fire)

First Company Strike Force
5 Sternguard Veterans with 4 Combi-Plasmas in Razorback with Lascannon and Twin-Linked Plasma Gun
5 Sternguard Veterans with 4 Combi-Meltas in Razorback with Lascannon and Twin-Linked Plasma Gun
5 Sternguard Veterans in Razorback with Lascannon and Twin-Linked Plasma Gun

Librarius Conclave
Tigurius
Librarian
Librarian

Sicarius and the two regular Joe Librarians hang out in the Sternguard units while Tigurius joins the Devastator Centurions. I wanted some points freed up for Auspexes or extra Mastery levels on the Librarians, but nothing's immediately apparent. I've just ordered the stuff I need to make this list, so I'll playtest it and see how it goes.

I'll be interested to see how Sicarius performs - he's not normally something I'd bring, and he doesn't fit in any unit particularly well, but the Demi-Company requires a Captain and I really like his model. His Heroes of the Second Company rule might be more relevant than I'd anticipated (I'm thinking of rolling Infiltrate on the Melta squad as the default, but potentially using one of his other abilities), his Surprise Attack rule coupled with Tigurius means if I want to null-deploy I can do so very effectively (deploying just the Centurions with Sicarius out front to tank wounds and Tigurius behind him to cast Invisibility/Shrouding/Forewarning to keep the unit alive would let me keep the army in reserves arriving on a 2+ re-rollable!) and since Tigurius will be with Grav Centurions, I imagine I won't be able to use Storm of Fire as effectively so Sicarius can be the Warlord and give the army Ld10 (the Sternguard are Fearless from the formation, but otherwise I've been having some real problems with Pinning and regular leadership checks at inopportune times in my games so far).

·
Registered
278 Posts
Do u think (with a little converting) I could use the chosen in Dark Vengeance as Gal Vorbak? seeing as a friend of mine is going to give the chaos stuff to me and keep the DA stuff for himself.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts